1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my boyfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lizzy95, Oct 13, 2011.

1. lizzy95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I've been with this guy for a while and I am very happy <3 I just dont know how to tell him that I'm Bisexual. Any advice/ideas/comments/questions/other?:confused:

2. Katelynn

My advice is take a deep breath & make sure you're comfortable telling him first. You attitude & level of nervousness when you tell him will sort of factor into how he reacts. The best thing is to be calm first of all. Second, If you're not ready, then don't do it just to get things out there, wait until you are ready. Third, try to reassure him that just because you're bi, doesn't mean you're dumping him right then & there & that's why you're coming out to him, no doubt one of the first things he might think is that he's being dumped & that's why you told him. Reassure him that this isn't the case. Above all, just be honest with him. If he has questions, answer them honestly, don't try & soften things for him by lying, as it will only make things worse down the road. In a few cases, some guys (not saying your bf is one of these guys, but you never know), some guys think when their gf says they're bi, it means possible he may get to engage in a threesome. If this is something you never plan to do with him or have no interest in, nip it in the bud then & there & let him know that just because you're bi doesn't mean he gets a threesome with you & another girl. Also reassure him that because you're bi, doesn't mean you're slutty either, some people might jump to that conclusion too. In short, be honest, answer any questions he may have & try to dispell any misconceptions he might have about what being bisexual is & isn't. Another thing some guys might jump to is an irrational fear that now that you've told him you're bi, he now has to compete with every hot girl out there now. Let him know he's not competing with anyone. You love him, you're happy with him & that's the way it is. As long as he's clear on that, it should be OK. Of course, there really is no way for anyone to know for sure how anybody can react to this kind of news. You know your bf better than anyone, so your judgement is the best rule of thumb to go by! Good luck!

3. lizzy95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you so much :slight_smile:

4. Katelynn

Your welcome! I hope everything goes well & just remember we're all here for you! (&&&)

5. lizzy95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just told him! :grin: