1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams of infidelity

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by commandZ, Oct 13, 2011.

1. commandZ

I'm having dreams of infidelity. They're super vivid and I wake up beside my girlfriend feeling extremely guilty.

Anybody attached and closeted having/had dreams?

2. lizzy95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have dreams like that all the time.. mostly about my ex's :\

3. stilllovelyafte

I've been having these dreams a lot lately. The confusing irony - I'm with another woman. What the hell does that mean?

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^ that you are human! I've had dreams about girls often and its usually just a fun fact to tell some friends xD

to the op:

It has to totally suck waking up feeling guilty. Specially about something that you certainly cannot help or stop. Maybe your brain is giving you little nudges telling you that its time to say something?

5. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

I’ve had sex with mermaids. Don’t mean it’s going to happen! Don’t worry. A dream is a dream. Be faithful in the waking life than the sleeping one. You can’t control your subconscious. Truth, some theorize that our dreams unlock of hidden wants and truths but sometimes “a pipe is just a pipe”. I’ve dreamt of my crush constantly so maybe I should suck it up and ask him out but I’ve also dreamt I was stone by day and gargoyle by night on SEVERAL occasions- DOESN’T MEAN THAT IT’S GOING TO HAPPEN...maybe...LOL

6. J Snow

I had a dream recently with a female friend I made in my queer studies class. I literally woke up because I felt guilty because of my bf. It really bothered me on multiple levels, I have a bf, I identify as gay, and I feel like now I'm betraying this friend of mine's trust telling her I'm gay and then having a dream about her... Its making me think I'm probably actually bi, but I do not want to be bi.

On a side not I once had a dream in which I was like 9 months pregnant and I got lost in a subway system. It reaffirmed my suspicions I could possibly be trans. I have way too much uncertainty when it comes to labels...

7. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remember, they're only dreams. I have really weird dreams as I'm sure everyone does. Dreams cannot be controlled, it's just what happens in our sleep. But I have noticed that if I am thinking about something right before I fall asleep, sometimes I will dream about it. But don't sweat it, it's a dream. As long as you know you're staying true to your girlfriend you have nothing to worry about! :slight_smile:

8. Ben

Ben

The problem is in the way you're interpreting the dream when you're awake. Just remember that your intentions when you're awake aren't reflected by the confused jumble of peculiar activity your dream-self probably gets up to. I robbed a bank to steal chickens the other night in my sleep, which isn't an activity which interests me in the slightest outside of that dream.

Incidentally, I tell my boyfriend when I have sex dreams and who they're about. he just finds it funny/kind of hot. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. commandZ

Thanks everyone. You're all reconfirming what I thought. I don't feel bad now and i can intellectualize, but right when I wake up there's no clear thought just feeling and it's hard to separate real fom fantasy.

@theEdend: maybe you're right about it being time to say something.