1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really embarassing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by acggtfqgyvmfx, May 11, 2006.

1. acggtfqgyvmfx

I'm a gay 18yo guy. So I had a really great female friend this summer, and she started hitting on me SO hard towards the end of the summer. It was so ridiculously obvious to me and everyone else around. Obviously, I'm not going to reciprocate, but it was really embarassing for 2 reasons.
    1) i was embarassed for her b/c she was unknowingly making a fool of herself.
    2) ppl thought it was strange that I wouldn't reciprocate her attractions. She's an attractive young woman, and I felt like ppl expected me to have sex with her before leaving.
    Anyone have tips for situations like this (hopefully this won't happen again)??

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Tips:

1: The LGBT-Bomb....
    tell her your sexual orientation

2: The Wrong Type...
    if option one sounds to blunt for you, tell her she's not "your type" which she's not....hehe...she not even the right gender lol.

3: The Cold Shoulder...
    show signs of non-interest...just general actions that show you show none of the same feelings...use psycoligy as your weapon :slight_smile:

4: The Line In The Sand...
    dont give her the oppurtunity...take a page from the heteros...use the unwritten law of the "guys-only areas"

5: The Mood Crusher...
    do everything you can to crush the mood...just drain her of energy...like constantly interupt her attemps to flirt by taking regular bathroom breaks..."phone-calls" (fake it)...and some extremists go to such extents as farting, and other vulgar mood killers.

There are many strategies. You just gotta know 'em. Maybe i should write a book sometime. lol

3. nisomer

there is this one girl...who is INSANLY annoying...i seriously cant tell if she is trying to hit on me or she is just that annoying, i just try to ignore her whenever i can...haha.

4. live805

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    bleh. i think straight women are out to get me...
    just look at my mom and my sister...

i

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When that kind of situation develops, you generally have to address it head on, because lots of people are more than happy to ignore every single conceivable non-verbal cue that they're barking up the wrong tree.

Personally I would go with the "Hey I'm gay... leave me alone, okay?" route. But barring that, the "You are just not the person for me" route seems reasonable. If she won't take that great big sledgehammer of a hint, you've got a bigger problem than her lack of knowledge of your sexuality.