1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with a crush problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by behind glass, Oct 14, 2011.

1. behind glass

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a friend that's a year younger than me. He has become like my best friend because I can wrestle and joke around with him and I have a lot of fun when I'm around him. The problem is I feel like I am falling for him but I'm pretty sure he is straight, but I'm not sure it he is though. The reason I am not sure if he is actually straight is because one of my best 'girl friends' that knows I'm gay says that he flirts with me a lot, and also when he talks to me sometimes he says stuff under his breath like "your cute" and other stuff like that. The think that confuses me even more is he has a girlfriend and he says he's straight. I'm so confused I don't know what to do I don't want to fall for him more just to find out he is straight and end up getting hurt.:icon_sad: I need help.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does he know you're gay?

Lex

3. behind glass

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No I haven't told him mainly because if he is straight I don't know how he would react to it and I don't want to lose him as a friend I don't know what to do.

4. Ianthe

Having a girlfriend doesn't mean he's straight. He could be struggling with his sexuality, or he could be bisexual. But if he actually said he's straight directly, you should probably take him at his word. And anyway, his sexuality is irrelevant, because he's in a relationship, and you should respect that.

But yeah, if you want anything to happen with a guy, you have to come out to him. **It's not possible to date someone who doesn't know you're gay.**

And, if he isn't straight, coming out to him is the best thing you can do to make him feel safe coming out to you.

5. behind glass

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well he has never actually said "I'm straight" when I asked him if he is gay he said "I have a girlfriend" and left it at that. I do respect the fact that he is in a relationship. I'm just to the point of should I give up and how would I do that before getting hurt.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's the harm in coming out to him, then? Either it'll lead to something or it won't.

Lex

7. don29002

I'm kinda in the same situation except my guy is single (broke up with his gf a few months ago) and I'm bi and he doesn't know it. But my guy is a senior heading off somewhere after graduation and I think he likes me, so what should I do to prevent that from happening?