1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kcaz12345, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Kcaz12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone

i am a 13 year old boy that is gay and have a bf i love him too death but i need to come out to my parents. i dont kno when or how to do it but my current bf i really wanna marry him. but i cant unless i tell my parents but me marring him is a long time from now. i am having so much trouble in march i tried to come out to my parents and i got grounded for 3 mounths so yea it was not fun .so i kinda already kno how they will react so i really dont wanna comeout too them ever but i love my bf so much that i wanna spend the rest of my life with him. but i need some oppions on how too come out to them. i would like some ideas.(!):icon_sad:

thanks ,
    Zackary

2. Fiddledeedee

Don't worry about it yet. You've got a long time before even thinking about who you want to marry, though of course it is great that you have a good boyfriend. Has he come out to his parents yet, and if so can he give you ideas? Also, what exactly made your parents ground you? If it was because they had a problem with your sexuality, have/can you adress this? And if this was the case, then you have surely already come out to them.

You could try writing your parents a letter, as this may convince them that you are certain of yourself, that you are mature, and may reduce your nervousness. If you do this, get to the point quickly, stay in the room while the letter is being read, and try to see things from your parent's point of view and adress their concerns. There are some example letters on the "Resources" page here on EC.

However you tell your parents, pick a stress-free time without a lot of people around. Make sure there is time for a potential discussion afterwords, and perhaps have one or two PFLAG pamphlets for your parents, if you think they would find this helpful. Wait a while before doing anything, though: at 13 or 14 your parents may not believe you can already know, for example my mother, who is skeptical of me. Thikn about what you will do if your parents react badly, and remember to give them time to get used to the idea of you being gay.

Good luck!

3. Kcaz12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No my boyfriend hasn't come out either and when I said that I was bi I was grounded and I don't know why I told my mom in the morning of a school day and it was so stressfull I started crying .when I came home we talked about it for like 10 minutes I had my iPod touch at the time and she told me to give her it and she didn't give a reason I even asked and she just said give it to me and I was like ok and then she sent me to my room for the rest of the night and I was not aloud to come out of my room. I was crying so much because I was so confused and everything was crazy they still haven't given me a reason why they took the iPod and everything but I was grounded from everything and I mean everything for a long time I was so trapped that I almost killed myself a couple of times because of it and the thing was is she first grounded me for 2 weeks and then she grounded me again for 2 weeks after that 2 weeks was over it happened again until my mom asked me do you still think your bi and I said no just to get her off my back and one time she asked me if i was going out with my best friend and I was like no and she said good because if you were you could never see Brandon again .and so I went back into the closet and I am not coming out for a while I think but I really want to because I hate the thing of I need to tell them so I can start acting like I'm gay around them I mean their like chicks dig this but I DONT DIG CHICKS and I can't say that or I have a feeling like if I tell them they will get very mad at me but never the less I still love my boyfriend and I wish I could kiss him in front of my parents but I can't and when I do come out I want him to be right there with me holding my hand when I do and then after I come out to them I can kiss him right there in front of them and show them that I really do love him

Thanks
    Zackary