1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any ideas? or should i give up?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jess142, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Jess142

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best friend is bi like me and she makes me insanely happy, she lives 2 hours away from me and we talk mainly on the phone and text. A few weeks back we started talking and texting to each other differently and it was pretty obvious we liked each other. We were goin to try a long distance realtionship but she wanted to see me before we made anything official. She came down for a day and we had a nice time. The next day i get a text form her saying that she can only see me as a friend and that it was different in person from when i was texting her. We haven't stopped talking since then and every now and then we flirt mildly via text. is there anything i can do to change her mind? or should i accept nothing will ever happen? :/

2. Fusileer

Fusileer Guest

Give her a little more time to think. There's no rush, is there? :slight_smile: Actions speak louder than words they say so it could still be on her mind, trying to sort it out.

3. Rooni321

Maybe talk to her about it before and give her a little space? If you're there to validate that its okay with you to still flirt while not being in a relationship she probably thinks its fine to just flirt or fling and nothing further. But idk your relationship and how that would work in your particular situation so sorry if that doesn't help >_<

4. Jess142

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks fusileer and Rooni321, i spose there's no rush, i think i'm just afraid that if i leave it i'll lose her :/ but you're both right i think i'll give her a little space :slight_smile: thanks to you both, you were both very helpful :slight_smile: