1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it happen to you too?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kylegf2011, Oct 16, 2011.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Up till now I have been very keeping my secret. I act straight I talk about girls with my friends. It has become more difficult though, because I really want to meet a guy and being in the closet doesnt help at all.

The thing is that lately when I start drinking, I start acting more gay. Im not even drunk, but as I drink more I start getting closer to guys I like and acting kind of gay around them, and I just cant control it! When a cute guy passes I just stare at him and even say "wow!" sometimes. The good thing is that normally my friends are also drinking and they are not fully aware, and nobody that I know of knows about me, but if I keep it up like this sooner or later somebody is going to notice:confused:

has this happened to you? and how can I control it? bynot drinking at all??:eek: lol

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Well, yeah, drinking lowers ALL of your inhibitions. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if you don't like it or if you have a problem with it, then you should probably stop. Drugs are the exact same way. Or, if you don't want to stop drinking you can just come out and then you don't have to worry about it. Coming out to friends usually isn't the huge spectacle that a lot of closeted people think it is or will be either, trust me.

#2 Kidd, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
  3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, before you accept you're gay, your mind is actually putting up an extra wall to avoid acting gay, even when you're by yourself.

Once you accept that you're gay, that wall comes crumbling down and you start being more OK with the idea of being gay. If you then drink and lower your inhibitions further, it's only normal that the gayer side of you occasionally surfaces.

The best way to go about it is, as said above, to try and get the coming-out going. Don't try to act "straight", but make sure you get to act however you want! Once your friends get used to the idea of you being gay, they don't need to raise eyebrows and you don't even have to be drunk to just be open about yourself. In my case, after I came out, my friends turned out to be quite enthousiastic at pointing out boys to me, even :wink:

4. Sethrowe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a tad young to be drinking but I do for certain occasions to have some fun. I have the same manorisms as you do. I talk about girls with my friends and stuff to act straighter than I am. One time I was with one of my friends and we both got completely drunk and went to bed later that night. I faintly recall telling him i was gay right before I fell asleep. (This was a while ago and I since moved) no one knew I was gay there and I never considered telling anyone. I still don't know if he remembers or was just too drunk to do so. Whatever the case, I hope he doesn't remember lol

5. sanguine

you don't need to pretend to ogle girls to be considered straight too you know?

not all men are pigs

i think the more you lean towards being yourself the better, im not out to all my friends either but i've never talked about girls and i always at the defence when they say "oh that's so gay" and i reply 'NO WAY, that's a same sex relationship?" and i don't really deny the fact that im gay either, so when they're like " your so gay" i reply, " CHOKE ON MY DICK"

i find it's better not to hide, all you really have to do is be you, and that doesn't necessarily mean parading around and advertising your sexuality, just continue doing what ever minus the hiding and pretending to look up a girl.

6. Rooni321

Yes!! I get overly sexual when I'm drunk. But I have complete control over myself and usually end up using my drunkness as an excuse to makeout with a girl. But that's bad I know haha