1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One door opens, another shuts

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ukeye, Oct 17, 2011.

1. ukeye

ukeye Guest

I've found since coming out that I am more in tune with who I am as a person. I have discovered over the last few years, that accepting my sexuality gave me the confidence to reevaluate multiple areas of my life.

I turn 25 soon, and I did come out late (when I was 22). All that time spent confused and in fear is becoming more irrelevant by the day. For me, I can reflect and say that coming out when I did was the best choice I could make.

I decided to do a positive post today. I'd like to highlight upon all those "Whys, ifs and buts" that many of us struggle with in accepting our sexuality. These really do become less important over time. I have my down days, but today I feel happy about the future. I have faith that good times lay ahead. I feel free to learn as an equal.

For me - coming out opened a new door and a lot of negatives were left behind. Coming on EC a few weeks ago has taught me that I need to appreciate and be grateful for what I have achieved :icon_bigg . I feel a confidence returning that is going to make the next few months spectacular! (!)

Hugs to all (&&&)

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That is great to hear! Here is to more happy days ahead! :slight_smile:

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, that's definitely great to hear! Great job! :slight_smile:

4. Jim1454

It's so true. The past is just that - the past. What really matters is today - and to some extent tomorrow (although I'm cautious about setting expectations and being disappointed).

I always get a kick out of people referring to coming out at 22 as being "late". So what does that make coming out at 35? The fact of the matter is that we all are on a different path in life. And we all have to get where we're going at our own pace and on our own schedule. So coming out at 22 was the rigth time for you - it just wasn't the right time for me.

I'm glad you're feeling good about the future - you should. And I'm glad that EC is contributing to that positive outlook - because this is an awesome forum.