1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking a girl to prom?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Foxywolf, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Foxywolf

Hey I was just wondering, at our college we have this event held by our pride alliance called second chance prom. I recently befriended some other gay girls. Two of them are a couple and the third is single. I was thinking of asking this third one to the second chance prom, but i do not want to make my budding friendship with any of them weird or anything if she says no. Or I don't want things to be weird even if she says yes.

I really want to ask her and want it to just be a casual thing, not like a serious date, I just want to go with her for fun.

Do you think it is possible to do this without things being weird or it seeming like I am asking her out on a date?

:eusa_doh: Help me.

2. coquelicot

Out Status:
    A few people
    You absolutely can. I would say something like, "If you don't have a date for the Second Chance Prom, why don't we go together? I don't have a date, either. It sounds like a fun event and I think it would be more fun to go with friend than alone. What do you think?"

3. Foxywolf

Thanks, haha that's probably what I will say. :slight_smile:

4. Katelynn

I see no reason why you shouldn't ask her to go! If she's a new friend, this would be a great opportunity for you both to get to know each other a bit & grow the friendship! If things start going in a direction for either of you that neither one are comfy with, then both of you can talk about things & you can both come up with what's best for you both! I see no potential for awkwardness either, but it does sound like you may like her as more than just a friend potentially, so if she feels the same way about you, the only awkwardness you may both find are first date jitters! I wish you so much of the best of luck & I hope you both have such a good time at the dance!