1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This ever happen to anyone else?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pikachu1, Oct 18, 2011.

1. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This has been happening to me alot lately. I will go up to a random girl and say hi, just trying to be friendly. They all are stand-offish usually because they think I'm a creep or something. However, when they find out I'm gay all of a sudden they want to be best friends and hang out all the time.

The thing is though that I'm not the kind of guy that goes shoe shopping or has any fashion sense yet they still want to hang around me all the time. The only thing we usually have in common is our love for stuffed animals. Due to this closeness though it causes two major problems.

One is that the girl's boyfriend thinks I am stealing her away from him and they threaten me "so I won't get any ideas" when obviously that is not the case. Two is that multiple times various girls have told me that if I were straight then they would leave their boyfriends to be with me which obviously doesn't help with the first situation.

I don't understand why this is happening though since I'm not the greatest kind of company. I have very specific hobbies(Magic the Gathering, Anime, and Video Games) and am not that good looking at all so I dunno why this keeps happening.

2. needshelp

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!! preach, man. this is the thing. these girls think that every man that says hello, smiles at them, looks them right in the eye and is friendly with them is trying to get with them or wants to have relations. i can't blame them for thinking like that but at the same time, that is an ignorant way to look at a man. i too am not good looking, eye candy, is ugly, or what have you.

if you ask me, women tend to think about sex, love and all that other stuff more than men do because you can just talk to them and they act sort of strange. i find it that the older women seem to be more understanding when it comes to guy friends but then again... :dry: i can talk about many instances where i'm just talking to a girl my age or near my age and they act weird. they either act strange where they imply through their looks and body language that they're looking for a man or etc. this past sunday, i noticed how some of the girls were acting. i'm just being nice to them and all. too bad they don't know that i'm gay. :lol: they don't know but i'm sure if i would have told them straight up, they'll probably be disappointed, would stop acting like i'm trying to get into their pants and etc. oh well.

it seems like the only women i can seem to be cool as hell with around my age without it turning into "do you want to be with me? do you want to have sex with me? i'm not attracted to you so we can't be friends" are lesbians from what i noticed. they're cool. you can talk to them and they'll understand that you're just trying to be friendly with them and nothing else. can't say the same thing for straight females unless you are a gay guy that let's the whole world know.

#2 needshelp, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  3. addie88

it's weird hearing about this because the problem i run into with some straight guys is that they think they're the "cure" for lesbianism. either that or they'll be like "you're gay? oh...damn...well how 'bout now? are you straight now? what about now?"

it's probably unfair to generalize though...cause not every straight person is like this. for the people that are, it's just another way of showing that they're desperate for a relationship.

4. Hidinginalabama

I have to same problems most of the time. I was on the train sunday and was just sitting there and there was this girls next to me. I tryed to say hi hows it going and all they did was look at me weird. Then I started reading out magazine and then all they wanted to do the reast of the time that we were on the train was talk to me. I wanted to ask if the only reason that they were talking to me was because i was gay. Why do most straight girls have to be like that?