1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those darn straight crushes...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by closetedafraid, Oct 18, 2011.

1. closetedafraid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think I've developed one... A straight crush! I mean, how do you not develop a straight crush when all of the people you're around a pretty much... Straight!

But the sord of good thing is... I am not 100% positive if she's straight or not... She never said she was or was not. I never really got that extremely straight I love boys vibe from her, but she does mention somethings about boys... (But does that really matter? I mean, just because a person mentions something about boys it doesn't mean they can't "go both ways" LOL it doesn't mean they're completely straight, right?) LOL... So, yeah, what should I do? If I am not one-hundred percent sure that she is straight but not completely sure that she is NOT straight......... IDK, and I really like her but she hardly ever notices me, I hate that. :bang:

2. don29002

I'm kinda in your situation, except there's a guy I have a crush on who's been my friend for a year now, but we've never been close friends. Now I think he likes me, so I'm gonna invite him over my apartment this weekend :slight_smile:
    Anyway, has it ever occurred to you that the girl in question might be bi? I think you should ask her if she's bi. Btw don't sugarcoat it..

3. closetedafraid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, IDK if she's bi or questioning... And I am not the type of person to just ask, besides we don't talk to eacother :frowning2:

4. Ridiculous

If you are interested in someone, the first thing you should do is let them know that you are gay. This'll give them the perfect opportunity to come out if they are indeed gay/bi.

I think it's better to do it this way, rather than just asking them their orientation. If you go up to someone and say "Are you gay?", and they say no, then it makes it pretty awkward for you to tell them you're a lesbian because it'll be obvious that you were trying something. Plus a lot of people go into lockdown mode went confronted with a direct question like that, and will instinctively deny their orientation.

5. gaygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im in the same situation and i liek a girl who is"straight" but where we make jokes about her being gay she just laughs. Best way to figure this out is to just hint to her or be hones. If you never try then youll never know!:confused:

6. That1gurl222

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just ask!!!! It doesn't hurt! :slight_smile:

7. CinePhys

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell me about it....:dry: