1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost, Un-noticed, Alone.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LegitRomance, Oct 18, 2011.

1. LegitRomance

Lately I haven't been as involved in my usual activities as much, which yes includes getting on here.

Mostly because I feel completely left out. I can't exactly explain why but I've been dealing with this since I was 10. So much for it being a phase.

-

I thought online schooling this year would be a good thing for me as well, but that's obviously not helping. The only good thing about it so far is that my art teacher is willing to put forth an extra hand to help me start painting then showcase them and sell them. Which means, my college fund is gonna grow and blahblahblah.

I've considered transferring out of online school after this semester - but the school I'd have to go to holds all the childrens who make me reach a suicidal point during 7th grade.

I'm definitely screwed not matter what I do at this point :/

2. Ianthe

Is there any way for you to socialize with other artists? When I was about your age, I went to a high school with a focus in the arts, which was an option offered in our public school district. It was one of the best things I ever did for myself. I'm still friends with a lot of the people I met there.

In my experience, people involved in the arts tend to be intelligent, interesting, eccentric, and a lot of fun. They also tend to be open-minded and accept diverse people, including people with different sexual orientations. I'd even go so far as to say they tend to seek out and prefer people who are a little different in some way.

And, when you put artistic people together, they often inspire each other and push each other to do better work. This is true even if they are working in completely different media--I'm a writer, and I had friends in photography, painting, drawing, film, and all kinds of things.

So, if you don't know of anything, maybe ask your art teacher if she knows of any extra-curricular art club or anything like that you could join. If there isn't anything, you could even start one yourself.

On the other hand, it sounds like you might be depressed, given what you said about not being interested in your usual activities. If that's the case, you might want to ask someone about seeing a counselor, especially since you say you've been suicidal in the past.

3. Jim1454

It does sound like you're maybe suffering from depression, which isn't good but IS treatable. Have you told your parents how you're feeling? They would want to know, and they need to know in order to help you. They've cared enough in the past to arrange for the online schooling - presumably to allow you to avoid the kids that made you feel suicidal - so I'm sure they're also interested in helping you now.

The suggestions above are great. If art is a passion, then get more involved in art. And definitely plan to talk to your parents and arrange to see a counsellor who can help you work through these feelings of hopelessness. Because there's always hope. It's in the most challenging times of our lives when hope is something that we lose sight of and can't feel any more. But it's still there.

4. LegitRomance

I did apply for an arts academy over the summer, I did get accepted, but my grandparents wouldn't go through with trying to get me there so I had to tell them I couldn't attend (I actually got in for writing, not painting that's just something I recently started doing, but I've been sketching and writing since I was little)

I am applying to another one this spring, but I doubt I'll get in.

-

I have seen a counselor, but every one I've seen has said there's nothing wrong with me.

---------- Post added 20th Oct 2011 at 07:34 PM ----------

They don't actually care - my mother and her husband just suggested it so they wouldn't be held reliable in the instance I did commit suicide.
    & my father made the decision not to be a part of my life.