1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Marlowe, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Marlowe

For the past few weeks, I have finally been ready to come out for real, but my schedule is totally crazy, and I literally can't find the time to do it. I have a full time teaching internship and have grad classes in the evening four nights a week, so I am rarely around. By dint of this, I have not been able to get any alone time with either of my best friends or my brother during the past month. The little bit of spare time I have is spent socialize with a larger group because they all want to hang out with me, and I want to see them all as well. Tomorrow I was finally going to get out of class early, so I could hang out alone with one of them who also lives with me, but I just found out that she won't be around.

I am so frustrated and stressed, and I have no idea how to manage all of this, and I can't afford to spend so much time focusing coming out with this work load. I need this to be over so I can move past this.

2. andrewshell11

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what it's like to be frustrated. It is terrible. The best thing I can think to do is to contact your friends and schedule a day to hang out. Clear your schedule to do this. This is one of the most urgent things to do because once you clear this up, the rest of your schedule will become a breeze. If your other friends try to hang out when you are supposed to hang out with your other friends, simply tell them you are busy and would like to try to go next time. This will allow one of the most urgent things to be completed in your schedule and you should feel much better.

I hope you get this stress of yourself soon! Best luck!

3. Gallatin

When I finally decided I was ready to come out, I had to wait to tell my friend for over a month because I wanted to do it in person, but I had to wait until I went home from college. So with that said, I understand your frustration. It's upsetting when you're finally ready to come out, but then life says, "Nah, you're gonna have to wait a bit longer." Try to just be satisfied knowing that you've accepted yourself and are ready to come out. Don't stress about not being ready to tell anyone yet (although I know it's quite difficult not to); the time will come soon enough.

4. ukeye

ukeye Guest

Frustration is no good, but I would have to say it is best to leave it to a time when you are stress free. It is going to take a big toll on you emotionally when you do come out. Why not wait until you have more free time and when your schedule is easier? You'll thank yourself that you waited.. there is no race

5. coastgirl

Hey I'm totally in the same boat. Actually, the whole mental load of being in the closet right now is KILLING my concentration and I can't get any work done. I have to tell my one friend, but he's so busy all the time that it's hard to pin him down just by himself.

6. Vesper

I think the most important thing is that you have come out to and accepted yourself. There are good times and bad times to come out, and one of the bad times is when you're under lots of external pressures (not related to your orientation). I agree with the other posters who've said that it'd be best to wait until a time when you've got a more relaxed schedule.