1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

its time.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SiberianHusky, Oct 20, 2011.

1. SiberianHusky

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone I'm going to tell my dad I'm gay I need as much advice as humanly possible. I plan on telling him in about a week or 2 so plz help. Reason being I want to be myself. I'm well aware of all the risks..
    Ty..

2. Gallatin

Have you thought about what you're going to say? How you're going to deliver the news? If you're going to tell him in person, have you thought about when and where? All of those are important questions to answer when you're thinking about coming out.

3. Hidinginalabama

Hey man I got to say what you want to do is a big step and its great. I think alex2020 is right. Those are some things that you should think about. And there are some questions that you could need to be ready for. Like how do you know its not a phase? How do you know at your age? Have you even tryed with girls? I think these are just some of the questions that your dad could ask or I could totally be worng. But just try and be ready for some of the things he could ask you. And best of luck with it. I hope every thing goes just as good as you want if not better.:thumbsup:

4. Gallatin

No, Hidinginalabama is quite right. Those are questions that you should be prepared to answer. I also got asked "how can you like guys? How can you be gay?" - easy answer, just the same that you are straight. Oh and "how long have you known" is another popular question. Also, if your dad's religious, be prepared to handle those kind of questions as well.

Do you know what your dad thinks about LGBT people/ LGBT issues? How he feels about those things will probably carry over to his reaction to your coming out. For example, if he's tolerant of LGBT people and supports LGBT causes (or at least isn't opposed), then chances are he'd react pretty well.

#4 Gallatin, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  5. SiberianHusky

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok.. he is a really religious person (christain) any thing I can use in that area to help my case that it is ok being gay?

6. Gallatin