1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinda annoyed and disappointed and worried

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LookingGlass, Oct 22, 2011.

1. LookingGlass

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So in my last thread I mentioned havin met a guy (sorry i can't post the link right now). We have been sending the weekend together put of town at a gaming event. Everything has been fine except the guy Ive been spending my time with has met another guy here at the event and they seem to be talking to each other alot. Basically the guy I'm with seems to be showing a lot of interest in the dude we met. At first it didn't bother me, but now it is.

A little while ago he said he'd be right back and came back 5 or 6mins later with the other guy. They started talking next me and I told thr guy I like that I'd be right back. I left to clear my head and walk off my aggravation. However they are gone again walking around checking out the vending room.

I'm sure you know what my concern is just by reading this. What should I do? I don't want to look like a jerk. Please help.

Sorry for the poor grammar (if any) and lack of punctuation. I'm typing from my phone.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're being jealous. Totally natural. :slight_smile: How do you respond? I'd keep your guy in the loop. When you have some time alone, just clue him in. "I'll be honest - having Fred over is making me feel a bit jealous. I know I don't own you or anything, but this whole thing is kind of new to me, so I might need a bit of time to get more comfortable with it all." And while Fred is there, engage him. Consider him another would-be friend of YOURS in addition to a would-be friend of this other guy. Participate in the conversation, and have a good time. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. LookingGlass

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, they just went back to our hotel room so... Lol wow
    I'm seriously angry right now

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go back there, too. If there's a "do not disturb" sign there, send your friend a text. "I'm going out for coffee. Let me know when it's OK to disturb you again. :slight_smile:" Then do it.

Lex

5. LookingGlass

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Checked the room, there's no don't disturb sign on the door and it's actually not even closed. I could have pushed to open it. They're just talking right now

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then go in. It's your room, too, after all. They obviously left the door open so you CAN come back in. So go already. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with Lex, go in there.
    Also if the door is open then they probably weren't doing anything naughty.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And tell them you did it because the cartoon gargoyle said you could.

Lex

9. Danny19

hows everything going with this guy? have you talked to him about how you feel?

10. LookingGlass

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Moments ago he asked me if he could hook up with the guy, saying that he lives four hours away and never see him again. He asked if I'd be mad. I just didn't know how to react and just said I wouldn't be mad and walked out. I'm feeling totally destroyed right now.

11. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    must be kool to have those kind of dates....not there yet...we just have fun...

12. LookingGlass

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sorry not sure what u mean

13. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My special friends and I know why are like each other...so I guess I have never been through what you are sharing...sure sounds like it hurts deep inside...I hope u r ok.

14. LookingGlass

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks but I'm definitely not okay. Not sure what to do now. I'm just livid

15. Ianthe

Well, you probably would have been better off being honest when he asked you if it was okay. Because it isn't okay with you, but he probably thinks it is, because you said so.

You are just starting out with this guy--so, you don't really have an established relationship, and you haven't really set boundaries yet. Try not to be too angry--it's understandable that you are frustrated and jealous, but it's not completely his fault. You have a responsibility to be clear about what you want and what you are feeling.

But when he comes back, just have a conversation with him and let him know that, in the future, when the two of you do things together, you'd rather he keep his attention on you, and not on other guys. (This isn't too much to ask for even if you are both still seeing other people at other times--just, when he's with you, he should be with you.)

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ "When he comes back"? He's only coming back if the sex is really bad, or the guy's got a really early flight back home.

I can picture getting the same sort of post from your friend. "I met this guy online, and invited him to a gaming event in another town. He's a decent-enough friend, but I can't say as I feel any sparks with him. However, at the event, I met this other guy, and we really hit it off right away. This other guy lives kind of far away, and I'd like to hook up with him before the end of the event. Is that OK? What should I do about the first guy?"

And I would've told him to do roughly what he did. Because this stuff DOES happen, and I think he more or less did it right. He kept you in the loop. He didn't simply try to ditch you. Ideally, he hooked up with the guy in the other guy's hotel room, not yours. (It's one thing to lose your friend, but another to lose your temporary home.) You more or less said the right thing, but it would've been more honest to say "Actually, I'm quite jealous that you found someone to hook up with when you're still the only guy I know here. But I don't want to get in the way of a good hook-up. Go have fun. :slight_smile:"

And, as I suggested above, assume you're not going to see him much for the rest of the weekend. Because you probably aren't. Chances are he's going to be spending time with the guy he DID click heavily with (either in bed or not). You might work on finding someone else to hang out with (if there's much going on - this might be the last day of the event), or you can just go explore the city on your own. Was it rude to "ditch you" in favor of this other guy? To a degree, yes. But guys have done far far worse for sex.

Lex

17. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    anyone who ditches u has issues and doesn't really care about other ppl. Be glad he is gone B4 he hurt u.

18. LookingGlass

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for all the responses everyone. I really appreciate all of your help. Long story short: he didn't do anything with the guy. They just talked for a little bit. He did come back to the room and we ended up talking until about 6am no fighting, arguing or yelling. I told him everything concerning how I felt about the entire weekend. He did feel sorry for acting the way he did and leaving me by myself that day. He realized that he isn't ready for a relationship and that he just needed time to figure out what he wanted. We remain friends, still talk, etc. He said to just give him two weeks to figure things out, so that's what I'll do I guess.

Not sure what step to take next. Of course, I'm not gonna get my hopes up as I am still extremely broken after this weekend, but we'll see.

Anything I should do at this point? I'm just not sure what to do. I'm still hurting pretty bad.

19. Ianthe

It's always hard when you want more from someone than he's ready to give. Just give him the time he needs. And keep your other options open as well--don't give all your attention to this guy. He's given you a lot of reason to think he is not that interested. There are other guys.

20. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    awe (*hug*) I'm sorry for what happened. It was rude for him to want to hook up while still with you. It was rude to 'add a third wheel' without asking you.

I hope you can move on and find someone better!