1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he straight and was he interested in me at ALL?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by don29002, Oct 22, 2011.

1. don29002

So I'm 15, a bi guy, and a sophomore in high school.
    I have a good friend who's a senior named Matt. Freshman year we both had the same lunch I would go to his lunch table and sit with his friends and tell funny stories and jokes and him and his friends loved me for it freshman year.
    But I noticed him staring at me frequently while I'd be telling my stories. Every day.
    And he'd pull me close to him with his thumb touching my chin, which I thought was romantic in a way.
    And around Christmas time last year he told me "All I want for Christmas is you" and I smiled at him. Considering the fact that he has a girlfriend--named Paige, and shes going to college in Maryland in the fall.
    His girlfriend barely noticed but I guess I got her approval lol

Now I have these thoughts about not wanting to lose him, him becoming my next boyfriend, and sometimes I even fantasize about him. He's incredibly sexy though
    But even though we've been friends for one whole year, I feel like there's a side of me that he needs to know about; my human side. What I'm like outside of school. (We only know each other from school)

I've been thinking of things to do with him. He could come over my house; see me sing or do my standup; or I could enter a talent/performing contest where I do something in front of a live audience and win things.

This past Wednesday I thought about inviting him over to my house and he'd come over that Friday night (last night) and spend the night with me and leave Saturday evening. Because my mom works from 6 to 5 on Fridays and Saturdays each week, so I'd be home all alone; I'm a homebody and an only child.
    Also if he decides to come over what are some things we can do or talk about? I have a PS3 and 2 laptops, so, yeah...

Also he broke up with his ex girlfriend after she went to college; he's here in New Jersey as a senior in high school and she's started college in Maryland at the U of MD in Baltimore.
    Only other bad part is I wanna make something out of our friendship, maybe being more than friends, before he graduates and probably forgets about me!

Also that Wednesday I asked him if he could drive me home after school that day but he said he had detention. So I asked him if he'd like to come over my apartment for the weekend and he said "I'm going to some kid's house over the weekend" so he didn't.

I told my gay friend about what Matt told me and he said that the entire time Matt did all he did it was because he had a lack of sex in his relationship so that's why he did sexual or gay things to me which i thought meant he liked me romantically.
    I decided that my gay friend was right, so because of this (for now) I'm done with Matt.

Thoughts?

2. Mad Man L

Not necessarily. He could still be interested, but what your gay friend says is quite possible. But there is another option. Some people just act gay for shits and giggles - and in order to avoid people getting freaked out, I take straight guys acting gay to me non-sexually.

I'd still try and invite him over, but I don't assume he's into you.

3. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

I have a friend named josh who is a senior and I'm a sophomore too, well we're friends and he I thought was flamboyant gay, but he's a metro-sexual. one day at lunch I was actually about to ask if he was gay then his girlfriend came over and they kissed. It felt like a dagger to my heart

4. Kidd

Kidd Guest

This really doesn't sound like anything special to me, sorry. The most important rule to remember is that unless someone says otherwise you should automatically assume they're straight. You're just asking for trouble by assuming anything else.

5. don29002

Yeah. I DO always assume the guys are straight, I live in a town dominated by straight people. Every guy is so full of themself at my high school; most of the guys in my sophomore class are pretty boys and football stars and guys who want girls for sex. Then there's me; the only bi guy in my sophomore class.
    I've been hurt by 7 [now 8] straight guys so I always know to assume every guy in my school is straight.
    :tears: :tears:

6. Mr.Pushover

Maybe he was looking at you... because you were telling a story. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

All in all, this doesn't sound like a romantic story in disguise. I hate to break that to you, but it's true. Don't have high expectations for becoming his boyfriend, is all I can really say, but always be a good friend.

Actually, it's called UMBC :slight_smile:

7. don29002

I know that already but I didn't wanna say the BC part though haha :slight_smile: :lol: