1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

realizing i am bi and looking for advice...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BettyBoopGuido, Oct 22, 2011.

1. BettyBoopGuido

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi All,
    i came out as a lesbian about 2 years ago and i am now realizing that i like both guys and girls and right now i am crushing on one guy and always finding myself checking out girls as well...i am working on accepting this and have to come to realize it doesn't change who i am and not everyone has to know... i am out to a few friends who are supportive and ironically one of them was my first girl crush...who doesn't know she was and i am not telling her over the phone which is the only way i can talk to her as she lives in wisconsin and i live in florida...

i am wondering how to go about meeting other bisexual people and what advice you can give me about accepting it further.... i keep a lot to myself as i don't feel confident coming out to my family cause i don't see them being accepting.... my mom knew i was a lesbian and it was not pretty after- 2 years later and we still don't talk about it....

any advice would be great!!

thanks!

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Hey there :slight_smile:

Finding other bisexual people to talk to is going to be more difficult than just finding gay people to talk with. One because its harder to find and two because people usually don't really ask for your sexuality, so it sometimes makes it tricky to figure out if someone is bi gay or straight. That being said, check around your area and see if they have some sort of group for it.

Also, EC can be an amazing tool to talk to people that are also bisexual. Don't be afraid to start a conversation with a member that you find interesting :slight_smile:

As far as accepting yourself goes, everyone does it a little differently. What I find is the best way is to talk to people that are going through the same thing or similar thing as you are. It makes the whole "I'm gay" thing less strange and allows you to view it for what it really is. Stick around, ask questions and meet some people. Little by little you will get there :slight_smile:

3. J Snow

I would say just try to hang around the LGBT community. I know a gay bar in my town has a "teen night" on Sundays where they have a drag show and people of all ages can get in for the show. I think if your area has something like this it would be a great way to go meet people.