1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by yellowxrocker, Oct 22, 2011.

1. I'm kind of unsure of my sexuality. I think I may be bi. I don't know who to tell this to, my parents are asian and christian so this subject makes them very angry. I'm thinking of telling this friend I met 2 months ago and now shes like my bestfriend. I dont know what to do...

2. Stonewall69

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can relate to this problem you're feeling. I used to be like that and telling someone who has a supportive advices for you really does help. My family is also against homosexuality so I know how you feel. How do you know you're bisexual though? Are you having a crush on someone?

My advice is if you're frustrated and uncomfortable, finding someone to talk to will help you cope. I'm pretty sure your friend will listen to you. Meanwhile, you can always talk to me if there's any other problems.

3. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    the worlds sucks so whatever U do be careful...stay safe 2

4. Gallatin

Like Stonewall69 asked, what leads you to think you might be bi? Is this something new or have you been questioning for a while?

The spectrum of human sexuality is quite large and diverse. Within bisexuality, there are degrees of it. Don't feel pressured to put a label on yourself. And don't feel like you have to come out to anybody. Only do that when you're ready.

As far as this friend goes, do you know what her views are on LGBT people and causes? Is she supportive and tolerant? If so, then you could consider talking to her about it.

5. I think i'm bi because i always thought about having a boyfriend or girlfriend. I'm currently in highschool and I have a crush on this girl I know but i'm starting to have this same feeling for a guy i met as well. After my parents found out that i was atheist things were getting difficult. People in school are making my life hard as well.

#5 yellowxrocker, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
  6. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    girls r way better about chillin even if u r gay...guys r mean

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2011 at 07:26 PM ----------

sort out who is kool around the GSA...it kind of works for me...

7. Gallatin

Okay, well if you've always considered having a boyfriend or girlfriend, then that's a pretty good indicator that you might be bisexual. Straight guys don't envision having a boyfriend.

About your crush, is this guy straight? Because if so, straight crushes are things that are generally advisable to avoid.

You say that people in school are making your life hard - how so? Are you being bullied or harassed? If that's the case, you should speak to someone in a position of authority at your school - a teacher, guidance counselor, or administrator.

8. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    kool quote! Being yourself might start with liking yourself...it is easier than it sounds...

9. They are treating me badly because im an atheist and the school is mostly christians. They say that im a freak and stuff like that. I'm also part of the small percentage of asians there as well, so they often use harsh stereotypes too.

About the guy i like, i think he might be bi. He told me that he liked me but is going out with a girl.

10. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hate has nothing to do with what religion you are into...even if ppl who are into religion are haters. Hate is just selfish. I think ppl hate becuase they like how it makes them feel...but I don't hate anyone...there r just some ppl I don't like to be around.

11. Thanks guys, i'm starting to feel a bit better now. Bran i agree with what you're saying, there are lots of people i don't want to be around either. I try to ignore them but its really hard.

12. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I bet you r braver than u think u r...u sounds brave to me...:slight_smile: I wish more ppl were braver...I got my butt kicked lots of time for sticking up for ppl...trouble at school 2...but no one messes with me because they KNOW I will fight back...it does not work for most ppl...

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2011 at 07:58 PM ----------

I think my parents knew I was gay b4 I did....so they signed me up 4 martial arts. LMAO.

13. I'd want to fight back but im afraid of getting into trouble. One time I got really emotional that i released a lot of anger and almost got into a fight.

14. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    been there and done that...my rep started in 5th grade...so ppl got use to not messing with me...some guys hang with me cause they know I got their back...and from scouts I know a few of them r gay but not out.

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2011 at 08:08 PM ----------

I just found this site...I like reading the part where u can look up everyones posts...all them...they r so smart and kind ppl in EC

15. I dislike not being in control of my emotions because sometimes i would step out of class and cry for a long time. Ive met some people this year who are really protective over me and the name calling has dropped down a bit.

I just found this site as well because i thought that i should try to find ways to make me feel better.

16. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If i were there we would B friends and my friends would B yours 2. :slight_smile:

17. That would be great because i dont have that much friends and i started to block myself from everyone.

18. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    please try not to that...the world needs u bro. If u are filled with love the world needs u...that Beatle guy (John) said all u need is love.

I am going to stay in this site for some time...unless my batteries go dead or someone wakes up and kicks me off...I hope you stay on and get back to the EC everyday...

19. im just afraid of letting the wrong person get into my life.

I think ill stay on for a while too. I'll try to come back here whenever im not busy with school and exams and stuff..

I'll be going to bed now, thank you so much for your support

20. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    peace out bro....see u made a new online friend...kool way to end a day...