1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not sure again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Keelin, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Keelin

so ive been having dreams of being a girls again and i really do want to be one. i hate being a boy and wish i could wake up as a girl.

at the same time though, im scared ill lose my friends and family. i have trouble making friends as it is, and they still think im a boy!

im so desperate for help that iim using my kindle (they surprisingly have internet)to get on ec.

2. seeksanctuary

I can't tell you whether or not you're trans, but if you truly "want to be" a girl... then the thing is, you probably are a girl. If you dream of it, wish for it, pray for it, long for it... then your gender is probably female. If you were 100% cisgender, as I have said to others, then you most likely wouldn't be having these thoughts/feelings.

You say in your profile you thought you were trans, but you think you aren't. You list "dude" as your gender. My question is, if you didn't have to worry about getting harmed... if you knew you'd be absolutely safe, that people would love and respect you... and if you had access to any hormones or surgery you'd ever desire without a single doctor batting an eyelash... what would you do? Would you still ID as a guy, or would you embrace living as a female? Or would you be happier somewhere in between, being genderfluid or genderqueer or something?

My point in asking this... I think you need to decide if you're really just unsure of your gender, or if you're simply in denial because you're scared of what could happen if you admitted that you're trans. This probably will require the help of a therapist who is gender-savvy, which is something you'll need anyhow if you come to realize you are trans* and want to change your life to live as a female. You could also "test it out" on here, and places like this, by choosing to use female pronouns and a new name for a while and seeing how it feels. If it feels right... well, you might need to seriously sit with yourself and soulsearch.

I hope all that makes sense.

3. just b urself

i agree with what @seeksanctuary says.i know all of this stuff is rather confusing but just think..there are hundered of other people otu their in this world dealing with questioning their gender,wondering how much judgement they will face,or going through the obstacles of transitioning..so just remember that u are not alone.i myself knows hwo this feels.i questiong every second of my life if my gender is male or female.u need to do some serious searching but if ur already sure then if its really what u r noone can deny u the right of being who u were meant to be.if people really love and care about u they will accept u despite their feelings about it.but just remember,u have us people on here.we understand.

4. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it's incredibly scary to face "coming out" as a trans person, but perhaps you will take comfort in hearing that many transgender people (myself included!) find it much easier to connect with people and make new friends after they socially transition and are living as their true selves.

When you are being true to yourself, you feel better and more confident and that can do wonders in every aspect of your life. Taking the leap is scary as hell and can be difficult, but it is soooo worth it when you come out, not only alive but as a better and stronger person, on the other side.

In the meantime, try to find some people who have experience with transgender youth to talk to. They will be able to support you as you continue to figure out who you are and how to live in the world. Check out local LGBT youth centers or visit this website: TransActive - Preparing the World for Children of Every Gender