1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little whinging but I've to let it out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Yuya, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [Yuya] 5:12 am: i'm super bummed right now
    [Allegro molto] 5:12 am: How is everyone?
    [Allegro molto] 5:12 am: why?
    [Yuya] 5:13 am: just found out my bf's working this weekend. 2 overnight shifts
    [Allegro molto] 5:13 am: Aw ****
    [Yuya] 5:13 am: it's my birthday and the first birthday we're spending together
    [Yuya] 5:13 am: i bet he forgot ****
    [Allegro molto] 5:14 am: :frowning2:
    [Yuya] 5:14 am: i don't know whether to be mad at him/upset at him/ or pretend everything is cool
    [Yuya] 5:14 am: because obviously it's really important to me
    [Yuya] 5:15 am: but it's just like him to forget stuff like this
    [Yuya] 5:15 am: and it's his first shift at his new job so i doubt he'll be changing it

2. MommaFrog

I sorry!!!

Maybe drop hints about it being your birthday like "Wonder what I'll get from ______"

3. HantsBen

Could he be pretending he is working when he is infact planning something big?

4. Hidinginalabama

It suck that he could have forgot about your bithday but I do have to say this if he doesnt work then he cant take you out to nice places. I tell my boyfriend the same thing if I dont work then we cant do all the fun things that he likes to do like shopping. But I do hope for you the he could be lying about working and really be doing something really big for you.

5. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hmm no apparently he is working.
    i went on facebook and saw a conversation he had with his mate.
    the mate asked him what he was doing on saturday as it was the girlfriend's birthday.
    he said he was working at night and nothing else.
    he suggested they meet up for lunch.

6. climbingivy

I'm sorry Yuya :icon_sad: If it's of any help I had to repeatedly steal my boyfriend's ID when he was out of the room for the first year we were dating so I could remember when his birthday was. Does he remember it's your b-day? The upside is if you play it cool while still letting him know it hurt you he'll most likely make it up to you later :icon_wink Best of luck and happy birthday!

7. downward

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry. I have the same prolem. I bet my boyfriend doesn't know when is my birthday.

8. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea I know i'm not suppose to feel upset but I do. Anyway thank you for the kind words.

9. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

No. If you feel upset you have every right to feel upset. DO NOT apologize for how you feel! It’s understandable you feel this way taking into consideration how momentous this Birthday will be for you but is it possible you could celebrate your first Birthday together as a couple another day? I know the ACTUAL date makes it special but do you want to spend one special Birthday with him or SEVERAL? You have every right to feel the way you do so express it- we’re here to listen. But ask yourself, if you could take back any day in your relationship with whomever this guy is (who I believe is the guy you took the movie festival) and you have only ONE chance to use this time travel spell (shut-up, it’s corny I know LOL) is this the day you would choose? Probably not. Why? Because you have so much more to experience with him.

If you choose tell him how disappointed you are in him for not taking this Birthday of all Birthdays into consideration ESPECIALLY after the Film Festival you took him to (which is one of the most charming things I’ve ever heard of, by the way) but do not let this sour what you two feel for one another. Hell, maybe he’s lying and he’s getting back at you twice as good for the Festival by throwing a romantic bubblebath for two on your Birthday. Don’t get upset until you have reason to.

---------- Post added 24th Oct 2011 at 11:25 PM ----------

Ooh ooh! He probably has to work two shifts to buy you the biggest “Sorry I Missed/Forgot/Didn’t Know Your Birthday” present!!!! HA! Silver lining!

10. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha awesome post ^ I lol-ed at the time travel part.
    And yea this was the same guy. Well there are other romantic things which I could probably think of and I guess I shouldn't stay mad at him after all we've been through.

The next thing I'm planning is a bath but not the indoor type :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: my idea would be a hike to the southern most tip of the Melbourne coast to watch the sun set and then to an outdoor hotspring to gaze at the stars. Was hoping to do this on my birthday but I guess we'll have to do this on his.

11. climbingivy

That sounds awesome! I wish I lived in such an area, with hotsprings and the like. For sure. Take advantage.

12. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, first shift at a new job isn't something you can easily bail out of. It does look kind of bad to your new employer if you start off your employment with a holiday... So I can see how he had to go.

That doesn't mean you have to just pretend it's fine if you're really not, though. you don't necessarily need to take it out on him, but you can just mention you were kind of bummed you didn't get to do anything special on the day of your birthday itself... and then unveiling your plan to go to the hot springs to celebrate it retroactively.

At that point, it will probably be crystal clear to him that your birthday was kind of a big deal for you, while not being forced into a "why did you forget?"-fight. And then you can still go on that hike and make up for not doing it on the day itself :wink:

13. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Filip you're always the voice of reason. I know that his first shift wouldn't be changable which was why I was so upset that it had to fall on that one special day plus the fact he forgot. But I'm over it I guess. There's always next year.

I won't mention it to him cause he loves it when I surprise him. He was so over the moon the last time I brought him to that Film Fest that he blogged about it night and day.

Melbourne's full of interesting places when you get further out. You get hotsprings, goldmines, swamps, trails and mountain tops with quaint villages. I'm not born from there but living there for about 3 years has made me learn to love the place so much.