1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there something there or is it mixed signals?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by canadaboi, Oct 24, 2011.

1. canadaboi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so there is this guy, who i really like, he is a great guy. Him and i are both gay, and we both are fairly open about it. So a couple of nights ago we were just texting as usually, we seem to text alot, and he asks me if i like him out of the blue. I told my 2 bestfriends that i had this huge crush on him so i guessed one of them told him and i dont really care if they did, but anyways so he asks me if i like him and i tell him i do, and than from there stupid me goes on and on about how it would be weird if anything were to happen between use cause we are too good of friends, and have all the same friends so if we did date and broke up, than what? but whatever i would say he would always say something like i wouldnt let us not be friends, or just something that made it seem like it would work out, and that was all fine adn dandy i was getting pretty excited, cause well, i thought we might start dating, and i keep the conversation light like make a couple jokes about how the only reason it wouldnt work out is if he did something awful like get me pregnant and leave me.
    but this was all so weird he said things like he has always wondered if i liked him.
    But the week before this i was trying to set him up with this gay kid at our school who was kind of cute, but that didn't work out, and guess what he told my bestfriends, he need somebody more like me, well there isnt anybody more like me than me, and when we were texting one night, he said he needs to find somebody he was friends with and than start dating them like me.
    I'm not sure if these are things i should take seriously cause when i look back at the texts they are flirty but not at the same time. it's so confusing.
    but i have come to the conclusion, i act like an idiot around boys, like how straight boys cant be normal around girls, i cant be normal around boys, and whenever we are alone together it is so awkward, but we text for hours.
    and i know this isn't really a problem but some insight or other opinions on the situation would be greatly appreciated

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Sorry for getting late to your thread, but better late than never, right? :slight_smile:

Have you asked him if he likes you?

Either way, it seems to be like he is clearly telling you that he likes you and waiting for you to give the okay. So, go for it! :slight_smile:

3. Jim1454

If you're already texting for hours at a time, it seems clear that he thinks you're OK. So maybe in one of those marathon texting sessions you should ask him if he likes you - and see what he says. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

4. Johnjohn2

Johnjohn2 Guest

I think he likes you. No person would text for hours without really feel something special - beside he already told your friend that he likes someone who is like you (friend turning to dates).

Don't worry about awkwardness. Just be yourself. Although it is hard, I still believe it's better for us to be hated as we are than to be loved for who we are not...

JOHN