1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different self-image in public?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nerdvain, Oct 25, 2011.

1. nerdvain

I feel disgusting in public.

So, I get up in the morning, 5:45-6 every day, and get ready for school. Pick some clothes, shower, get my hair lookin decent. I look in the mirror, and I think, awesome! I look good today. I'm gonna go get 'em. Hell yeah.
    And then I get to school. With people. Lots of good looking people with good looking faces and bodies.
    At any time, upon looking into a mirror (or even my own reflection), I look like:
    [​IMG]

I look hideous. Tiny and frumpy. Ugly.
    Anywhere in public, really. It's just what I see. But for sure, mostly at school.
    When I get home, I look in the mirror and think, wow...that's not so bad at all, is it?

I'm not really asking for advice here, since I know what the cause is (I'm still a teenager...forgive me). Nor am I demanding compliments or venting (although it is nice to have a place to talk about this).

I'm kind of just wondering if anyone here's ever felt this way/experienced this.

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never have. I usually am the opposite way around. I come home, look in the mirror, and criticise myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. sanguine

yes, but i never really went to the extreme to "get ready" before venturing for school though, i sort of grew a who gives a crap attitude

works like a charm

4. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

Yup alwas have but then i realise that im alot smarter than the "good looking guys". Plus i like my bed hair

5. Katt

I'm a texan[: No.. we don't ride horses to school.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I used to have really low self-confidence when I was younger. It caused me to be anorexic for some time, as I was quite the chubby child. But time heals all wounds, I've found. I've made a pretty big turn around in the five years since. Now I feel sexy. All the time. Like I could put on a mud monster costume and still be like "DAMN THAT'S HOT". Hahaha, it's all about having a sense of humor. Anything you can't fix with duct tape, you can fix ith a sense of humor! [:

6. BushHippie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Beware man, that's body dismorphic disorder and it can get pretty severe. I used to have it really bad, then it went away, but now it's kind of there again so I can relate. It really sucks but you have to try to focus on enjoying your life as much as possible even if you really were ugly as sin.

When I accepted that I noticed I was more radiant than ever and that happiest I've been. But don't take that shit for a beauty tip! You'll fall back again. Remember, your looks are for others to see and you have a whole universe to look at.

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did. I was small and overweight as a kid. I got picked on and beat up on a daily basis. But I look back now and wonder why I ever gave a rat's ass what those kids thought.

These days I don't. People are going to judge, it how they keep from focusing on how shitty their lives are.

Everyone has self image issues, just other are better at hiding them. Don't let what other people are doing get ya down

8. Keelin

I experience this. I'm a girl. MY self image is coated in crappy boy skin and clothes, and a short haircut. so yeah, ive experienced it.

9. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have the EXACT same problem!! I really do, I look at myself in the morning and I look amazing, and then I look at myself at school, and look at other guys and I feel disgusting! I hate it. I also have problems with pictures. I look at myself in the mirror and I like it, and the I look at a picture of me and I look horrible.

10. needshelp

i feel the same way, buddy. my self image is messed up. for years, i had my mind made up that i'm going to dress up bummy, not exercise and take no pride in myself. the whole idea of that was just "me being myself and doing whatever i wanted to do". that led to me being completely miserable, sad and even feeling worse about myself than i already was. i felt that there was no hope so why even try. what i failed to realize was that it all fell back on how i felt about myself. i felt that i wasn't worth shit so i treated myself like shit. the worst thing anybody can do is try to accept being down and out. i got tired of doing that and decided that i'm going to give myself a chance for once. now i'm going to buy me new sneakers that i like and are fashionable, as well as more new clothes that i can go out on the street with. my closet is slowly filling up with new clothes because other than the ones that my mom gives me for gifts, i'm wearing clothes that i had from high school. i graduated high school 7 years ago.

and yeah, about my looks. there's sometimes when i look in the mirror and think i'm cute. there's times when i think i'm the ugliest guy alive. i'm curious to know what other people think though. am i cute or ugly or average?

#10 needshelp, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011