1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disappointed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Writerfun, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Writerfun

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So Ever since I came out to my boyfriend about being bi sexual, I have been depressed. Why? I am not quite sure why. I think maybe it was because I was in denial for two years and then I admitted to myself.

See I started going to a church that was homophobic so the girlfriend I had had the time we broke up which ruined our friendship and my friendship with my best friend as he was my best friend's sister.

FYI: I stopped going to church because I knew how they felt about that stuff. Why be in a place I am uncomfortable?

I am not making much sense I know. Anyway today I tried telling my boyfriend I was depressed and all he seemed to want to do is go to sleep. Maybe I am overacting but I felt hurt by his reaction because it seemed like he didn't care but then he called me back to see how I was.

However I am still disappointed. (Sighs) Just my rant. I just am not sure if telling is a good idea. If I do it's a possibly we can get into a fight. Advice?

#1 Writerfun, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. MommaFrog

I would tell him you were hurt by his seemingly uncaring attitude for what you are going through.

3. Writerfun

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *I meant to say she. Not he.

And thank you for replying back Mamafrog. I guess I could try and talk to him, but then he says things to make even feel gulity. for even saying anything.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think, based on what you have described, it might take a little while for your boyfriend to get used to the idea. Maybe he himself is struggling with understanding and coming to terms with his girlfriend being bisexual.

Coming out to him might have also triggered something within you. Maybe there is a part of you that is fearful of what might lie down the road now. One question you could ask yourself is, "deep down within me, how do I feel about coming out to him?"

Changes in relationships, or events that cause doubt or uncertainty in relationships can cause feelings of being depressed and/or sadness.

Give him and yourself a couple of days and try to reassess how he and you are feeling. Then, try going back to him, and as mentioned by MommaFrog, try talking to him. Talk about your feelings for him, and yourself, and why you have come out to him. Even if you have talked about the 'why' part already, talk about it some more and how it relates to your relationship with him. Yes, you might have to deal with a negative reaction from him, and perhaps also with words that might make you feel guilty. But having an open and honest talk will probably help the both of you to move forward.

Hope this helps a bit.

5. Writerfun

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well

It does but I doubt that it's. I know deep down he has always been supportive the GLBT community and I think even suspected it because he asked me before I even said anything.

I think it's more of me than him. When I told him, he said. "It doesn't bother me any." I think he was just tired and I am too senstive or may I even be paranoid. I guess it's going to take me to say "I am bisexual."

I should be proud of who, I am. But I can't shout it from rooftops. Anyway I think you for reading and replying back to my post.