1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Met this cute junior today who seems mysterious

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by don29002, Oct 25, 2011.

1. don29002

So today I finally "met" this cute, shy, quiet, funny guy named Josh. I normally see him daily when we're in the boys locker room and we're done changing. But we'd always see each other. Every time I looked at him to get up the nerves to talk to him, he was always looking down toward the floor. He'd seem lost, sad, or maybe just pissed and quiet, so I'd never bother him.
    How can I befriend him during school?

---------- Post added 25th Oct 2011 at 05:24 PM ----------

I'm 15 and a sophomore in high school, he's a junior..

---------- Post added 25th Oct 2011 at 05:25 PM ----------

But also I haven't told him I'm bi...

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Talk to him. The next time you see him or when you guys cross paths, just say "hey, we have run into each other a couple of times already, and just thought I'll say hi. Do you enjoy the physical exercises/education?" And with that, you are already starting to break the ice. :slight_smile:

Being shy, he might look down just to try avoiding contact with others or it might also just be a sign that he doesn't feel comfortable around a group of people. Perhaps his reaction or his 'behaviour' might change when he is by himself. It never hurts to give it a try.

When you start talking with him, take it step by step. Don't expect an immediate response or where you get the feeling that he is warming up to you. It might take a little while. But every time you see him, maybe just smile, and/or say hi. Sometimes, people who are shy, need to have a bit of reassurance that it is okay to talk to the other person.

Hope this helps a bit!

3. Sethrowe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just say hey to him every day, eventually it will get to the point where you can talk to him and it would be expected. Message me and tell me what you do sometimes, ide be intrested to know...

4. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, this happens to me all the time. You have no idea of how many times i've crossed Shy guys like that but never had the guts (and nerves) to even say hi .-. .... its like i freeze, lol.

Good luck with that!

5. LookingGlass

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When next you see him, just tap him on the shoulder and say "Hey man, what's up? What's so interesting about the floor?" Be sure to smile, sound friendly, inviting, and not like you're insulting him. I'd be a little pushy in this situation simply because shy guys don't react well to random conversations like this. You could even go so far to put your arm around his shoulders and say "Okay dude, you and me are friends now" or something like that.

Hangout with him and then go from there.

6. don29002

Thanks. Yeah. We normally would talk about different issues in this world. Racism, cultural ignorance, hatred; and we both give our opinions on them. Our conversations are very laugh-out-loud, awesome, fun, and special because when I'm around him I'm not afraid to show Josh my intellectual side; my "I'm not just a black stereotype, I can be a Simone de Beauvoir type, I love every kinda music, even Lauryn Hill and Adele, and I'm a teenager too" intellect. Why? Because friendship is like marriage; 3 people make it work. We share discussions, intimate stories, etc. yet we can have a good time together.

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What makes you think hes queer?

8. don29002

Nothing yet but I'm only friendly with him.

9. don29002

The odd part is, a while after I posted this, I talked to my close friend about him (she's lesbian) and we both agreed that he isn't straight.
    In March of '12--he came out as bisexual.

10. Night Rain

Are you two still friends?

11. don29002

No.

In March of '12, after he knew I liked him... He sent me some messages (that have quotes around them). It made me cry from feeling the sting of his words.

I accidentally told these gossiping girls on my bus that I liked him. Then--jokingly--that I wanted to be his future husband.
    They thought I was serious, and the very next day ran and told him.
    Later that day he told me on Facebook chat:
    "Listen, I know you like me but I want you to know that I know you like me. I have had literally 5 people tell me. I have a girlfriend, okay? You're nice but you are not my type. I am happy with (girlfriend's name), okay?"

The next day after that:

"Okay, please stop. You are now telling ___ that I'm going to be your future husband? And apparently according to her and all the people you told I am the only thing you talk about. Please, just leave me alone and don't talk about me. Thanks."

Ever since then, I made sure not to talk to him anymore. I do still think of him from time to time, but I guess, considering our sour history, he wouldn't want to talk to me again....
    Think so?

12. don29002

And earlier this year, he came out as gay.