1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told my therapist I'm depressed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by behind glass, Oct 26, 2011.

1. behind glass

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well today I told my therapist that I'm depressed the only problem is that now my parents know that I'm depressed and they want to know why but I'm not ready to say that I'm gay and depressed because I feel alone because I don't know anyone else who is gay personally. I know I will have to tell them eventually but I don't know how to. I could really use some advice on this.

2. Hidinginalabama

Do you need to find other lgbt people or is it just something you want. Eather way I know there are a lot of lgbt groups in michagin. I have been all around the state and every where i went there was a group there. Look online and I think you can fiind one where you are. And for telling your parents take your time. If you feel like its not the right time to tell them. Then its not the right time. It is up to you to know when the time is right. Best of luck. Hope every thing goes great for you.:thumbsup:

3. AustinN

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, my mom found out I am bi, gay, w/e and it went downhill from there for me, she never told my dad or sister but everything is weird and I was called mean stuff by her like fag, etc.

But, even before she knew I was depressed too because noone else knew. I needed someone to know how I felt. I was missing out on a social part of my life. I finally told a few trusted friends and they accepted me and one of them I tell everything but, maybe that is what you need right now. I see you've told some friends but maybe tell them how you feel and why deeper. Don't hide anything. That is my problem I still don't tell my one friend everything and that is why I feel the way I do sometimes but believe me, just let it out.

Private message me. And good luck!

4. behind glass

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess its something I want because I want to be able to vent and talk to someone who understands my or a similar point of view it would be great to have someone to relate to.

5. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same happened to me, after i told a few good friends (but consequently came out to everyone as well) everything started to get better, after the homophobic people realized the bigger part actually liked me they stopped bothering and telling shit behind my back to others, after that i even got new, nice friends..its like from the day i came out to everyone my social life became infinitely better.

After Mom figure out she freaked out, you know how it is.... But i don't give a shit, all my friends support me, after i told them my depression was gone and i became a better person, should i really give a shit about what my family thinks? Haha.

6. behind glass

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I know that my mom won't care that I'm gay because she has a few gay friends I just don't know how to tell her that I am gay.