1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gr

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Writerfun, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Writerfun

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So

I broke off contact with one of my friends because I know he completely disagrees with GLBT community. And I want him to know about my sexuality and then again I don't. So just now a few moments again I was going to write an e mail telling him how I feel. And that I disagree with his and the Pastors saying it was a choice. I just chickened out right then. And I am not sure. The keyword is Tried mind you.

I guess I wasn't as uncofrmable as I thought I was. One thing I don't understand is his Uncle his gay which is mother's brother and well I know they don't accept him for who he is.

I was so close. And now I am disappointed in myself for not coming out. But maybe I shouldn't be disappointed in myself. I guess it will happen when I am ready.

Writer

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Often I feel like I am complaining and over stuff that seems so little.. but i guess it's not if it means something to me.

2. Hidinginalabama

I understand what you mean. I had a lot of friends that hate lgbt people for no reason. So I just stopped talking to them. To be onest life has got better with out them. I dont have to hear them talk bad about people like us. I dont have to hear their shit ever day. And it nice. But I do say this if you think your friend could come around understand you and accept you I would try and let him. Some friends are really are to replace. Just remember things get better over time.

3. Jim1454

With some people you're simply not going to be able to change their minds - so it isn't worth wasting the energy trying. You also have to consider who it's worth coming out to. Some people just aren't going to get it, so maybe it isn't worth it.