1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is ridiculous!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hollywood, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Hollywood

So I was researching college scholarships and I found one offered by the "Traditional Family Foundation" or some crap. Applicants had to write in essay in which they explained their proposal to fix one of the major "social problems" of the 21st century, one of them being homosexuality.

It pisses me off so bad when people are so damn ignorant that they don't realize that this is not a choice! Seriously, what would be the assets to CHOOSING homosexuality? And then to offer finincal aid for writing an essay condemning it?

Ridiculous.

2. Snowden

That is an incredibly stupid idea, but you can always trust religious ultra-conservatives to stick their head in the sand and try to ignore everything that happened since the Enlightenment. If it's any consolation, I can't imagine many reputable universities paying much attention.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

I'd be curious as to what the essays would say (about "fixing" homosexuality). Ah well, your gonna find ignorant people wherever you go.

4. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I remember seeing that scholarship and pointing it out to a few friends. Some of them were optimistic enough to say, "Well, maybe they really mean 'prejudice against homosexuals'."

Somehow I doubt it. I'd find it hilarious to see those essays, though.

5. biisme

omg, that's horrible

6. SpikySpice

That's nto right at all, they should understand what is happening now, that homo isnot a social PROBLEM!

they sure are anti-homosexual><

7. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    the most annoying thing is when the scholar actually tries to put that in to practice at college/university. Suddenly descending on the GBLT Socs and trying to convert you all to God.

8. InaRut

Sounds like a good fun way to get some cash.
    I'd either write something really bogus. Or something along the lines of, "To fix homosexuality, first we must consider how hard it would be to demolish ones closet. A secure structure, so tight and strong would take an incredible amount of force to destroy. However, I'm sure with the right equipment, and strong enough plan we can fix homosexuality once and for all."

Haha!

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'd apply for the scholarship and give them some education about homosexuality. LOL

10. InaRut

Yea but you gotta be witty about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Or else they might just chuck it.

11. lodiug

That's terrible! They're the social problem. Not us!

12. pirateninja

Homosexuality isn't a scial problem, Homophobia is. I quite like InaRut's Idea, sarcasm on "fixing" homosexuality, but maybe finishing it with "you can't fix homosexuality, ergo the thing that needs to be fixed is prejudice and homophobia." I'll bet they've never had an essay like that before!

13. Alexander

APPLY! APPLY! APPLY!

Then after they give you the money and paid for your first semester, tell them you're gay and you have no problem with yourself. Then leave them but keep their money :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: