1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by firemaker13, Oct 27, 2011.

1. firemaker13

How do you know if you already came out. I been telling my parents. In anger that I was gay. Since high school. And I told my bf what my councler. And everyone is acting weird around me. My parents is being nicer and bf got scarier and is weirded out. So what do think is happening. How do u no when you come out.:bang:

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out is an individual experience. Everyone is ready at different times. For me, I knew I was ready to come out when I got tired of living a lie and pretending to be something that I'm not just so I could feel like everyone else. That gets old fast. The first step is being honest with yourself and accepting your sexuality and once you have done that, you can start being honest with others and tell them about the real you.

3. Jim1454

Sometimes when you come out you DO get odd reactions from people. And sometimes they don't know what to say or how to react. With my parents, I told them I was gay, and 3 months later they had never mentioned it again. I finally had to bring it up and ask if they had any questions. They just weren't sure what to say or ask.

But that didn't stop me from living my life. When I got a boyfriend it was pretty clear to everyone that I meant it when I said I was gay, and everyone has been very accepting.

For your boyfriend, I can understand his reaction being a little strange. He's probably wondering what it means for him and for your relationship. Have you talked to him about that? Do you want to stay together? Do you want to split up? Do you want to see how things go? You probably need to tell him what you're thinking in that respect.