1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeping in contact with your Ex-s

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Yuya, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently wrote on my blog about an issue about Ex-s and would just like some general public opinion about keeping in contact with your Ex-s.

Well yesterday my bf and I were hanging out at his Uni and we started talking about Ex-s. My boyfriend has many Ex-s and he keeps in contact with all of them through facebook and phone. He chats them up constantly on fb and asks them to meet up.

As his boyfriend I don't like it and I feel uncomfortable. I don't keep in touch with mine as I believe they've moved on and I'd hate it if I was talking to them behind my bf's back so I can't see why he would do that. Most of them (in fact) all but one of them are single.

He's reasoning is that if they wanted him back they would've done it 3 or 4 years ago. My reasoning is better to avoid than to be tempted. He got angry so I told him that I trust him and ended the conversation but somehow I do not feel reassured. Am I being too paranoid?

2. Tiny Catastrophe

It seems you might have a bit of a trust issue. I talk to a few of my ex's and am friends with them and my girlfriend doesn't mind because she trusts me and knows she's the only person I want to be with. It is possible to have ex's as friends. All of my ex's that I'm friends with are single and they know I'm in a relationship and they respect that and aren't trying to get back with me or anything like that. I wouldn't worry about it too much but if you feel uncomfortable than try talking to him about it and saying it makes you feel uncomfortable but don't by saying that its better to avoid than to be tempted and things like that he will probably think you don't trust him which is likely to cause a fight. So my suggestion is to just express how you feel and say you don't like that he talks to them but don't tell him that he can't talk to these people because you probably wouldn't want him telling you who you can and can't be friends with.

3. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess you're right. Thanks I feel much better now :slight_smile:

4. Tiny Catastrophe

No problem. Happy to help :slight_smile: