1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hormones and Relationships

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by person54, Oct 29, 2011.

1. person54

I guess this question pertains more to trans people but anyone can comment it they have something to say.

I'm male to female and on hormones right now but I still present as a male and will have to for like at least 8-9 more months in the interest of safety. The hormones are causing changes and I was wondering if anyone had experience with relationships while in transition?

I'd really like to date, but I'm worried about issues related to coming out as being in pre-transition and even if I tried hard to hide it I'm afraid there might be questions if another person eventually saw me without a shirt on. I just worry that if anyone learns about my gender identity they won't want to date me.

Would anyone else date if they were in my position or have any suggestions?

2. Jim1454

It's a bit of a hypothetical question for me, so it's tough to answer.

Someone isn't likely to see you without your shirt on if you're just going for a coffee. And then I would think that if you're up front and honest with someone about what you're going through, that you should be able to date while you're in transition.

But by responding, I'm bumping this back up and others might have an opinion.