1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't know...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mister E, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Mister E

I hate having to hide my feelings but I don't really have a choice. I'm questioning whether I'm straight, bi, or maybe even full homosexual. But I don't even know how to know. Right now, I have an amazing, caring girlfriend, so I have trouble believing that I can be one hundred percent gay, but I'm starting to have more and more feelings towards guys, especially my gay guy friend..

Am I just being stupid and I'm not bi or gay? I've told my girlfriend that I think I'm bi and my gay friend but neither seem to believe me, so there must just be something I'm missing to actually be bi or gay? I just don't know what to do... :help:

2. Jim1454

I'm not sure that at 15 you need to be losing sleep over this. You're in a relationship with a girl that you like. You've actually opened up and shared with her and your gay friend that you're questioning - which is awesome. And the fact that neither of them freaked out is also great.

Sure, they didn't agree with you. But in the end the only person who will know whether you're gay or bi or straight will be you. But that's not something that you need to have ironed out at 15. At least you're aware that there are possabilities other than 'straight'. I wish I'd contemplated whether or not I was straight when I was 15. Live would have taken a very different path. So good for you.

3. Chrisyan

Chrisyan Guest

What kind of feelings?

4. MommaFrog

I think you, firstly, need to take a deep breath.

You have a ton of time to figure this out! I didn't figure out I'm a lesbian until I was in the middle of my divorce... don't rush things

So, you like your girlfriend, then, at least for now, you can rule out being a Kinsey 6. At the moment you sound like a Kinsey 2 to me... If you have no clue what I'm talking about, google the Kinsey scale.

Try to keep track of who you notice more, men or women. If you are watching Twilight ((just an example!)) Are you going "Ooo Bella is sooo pretty" or "WOW Jacob is HOTT Shirtless" more? That's just an idea to try to help figure things out...

5. Mister E

This thread doesn't really need to be here anymore. I had an Anonymous thread about this (MommaFrog was the last to post, and she really helped me). But I still am not comfortable with this whole thing so I should still voice a few things.

Chrisyan,
    Feelings of sexual attraction and emotional attraction. He's a soccer player and a gamer, and he can be really cute... but that part isn't really relevant.

MommaFrog,
    I have seen those movies. Bella is not at all attractive, while Jacob definitely is.

I actually think this should be locked, since I already got help on figuring out my sexuality. (I'd say I'm about a Kinsey 2-4, somewhere in there. Probably more of a 3.5.)

6. MommaFrog

Glad I could help!!!! *^_^*