1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are these major hints?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mimerio, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Mimerio

Well, basically I am closeted to my parents, and the rest of my family for that matter and I am currently trying to figure out how I can come out to them but I'm slightly worried I've dropped a few major hints which I will list below.

1) My Friends are perverted

My parents know of my 2 friends who have made sexually perverse remarks quite a lot since I have known them, most are about sex or girls, I react by lightly poking / tapping them to know it's annoying me. I had told my parents that I find their mannerisms highly perverted.

2) Homophobic Abuse

Occasionally, when my father says a homophobic word or degrades homosexuality, I get tense and walk off in anger or sadness.

3) When you get a wife / girlfriend...

It's something my parents do occasionally say, which I often try to avoid the topic by saying "I know" repeatedly, slightly upset (visibly) that they do not consider the alternative of boyfriend or husband

2. ukeye

ukeye Guest

I would lean towards no.. People are generally too wrapped up in their own affairs to read into conversations that deeply. Your father making homophobic remarks could be an attempt to get your view on things.. but avoidance is not really the answer. You can always say 'I have no problem with gay people and don't share that view' or something to that effect. Your friends being perverted, being 17 is pretty normal.. they are just learning like you.

Instead of dropping 'hints' as you say, try and become more in tune with yourself and your gay side.. There is still a lot of time to come out, and the more you are accepting it in your own mind - the better. Never be afraid to speak your mind. Avoidance isn't the answer. If your friends are being gross, tell them.

3. Chrisyan

Chrisyan Guest

Those reasons don't seem significant enough for them to suspect that you're gay. :slight_smile:

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think so. These seem kinda normal to me.

5. query

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i doubt anyone is paying attention. my mom ALWAYS starts off sentences with "when you get a girlfriend ...", it's really annoying.

6. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My parents already suspect I'm gay so I'm pretty sure they use #3 to gauge my reaction to the subject. It's quite annoying, really.