1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out for a day?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by paper person, Oct 30, 2011.

1. paper person

Recently i joined mt high schools GSA during allies week, as im am still in the closet. There was a trip coming up to go to a Pride Works Workshop day and I saw some cool worshops and was like "why the hell not?" So im going mid November and i thought of the most amazing idea ever.

I big thing about coming out, is the reaction i would get from the people who i have known for a long time as well as just people in my school judging me. However, Ill be surrounded by other LGBTQ youth our allies who i don't even know and who don't know me in return. ans im pretty sure they would be ok if i was gay lol. So i figure if no one else from my school was around i could be out for the day. If i was asked or it was brought into conversation I would be honest. Ill also be able to get to meet new people and get some networking in. Hell, maybe i could make a new friend outside of my school who i could be out with, but lets not get my hopes up.

So I guess i really have two questions.
    1) Does this sound like a good idea. (thoughts and opinions appreciated)
    2) Has any one been to something similar to this before? If so, What was it like. I just want to know what im getting my self into.

Thank you for all feed back ahead of time.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think going on the trip sounds like a good idea. But I'd argue against over-planning what you'll say, who you'll tell, and when. Instead, just play it by ear. If you feel comfortable around everybody, feel free to come out to people. If you don't, don't bother. :slight_smile:

Lex