1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And for my next trick I am going to come out to someone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fluffster, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Fluffster

I want to come out to someone in the next couple of days. Actually, I have a friend that I am not super close to, but who is a reliable friend that I can go to in order to talk to her about any of my problems. I know that she will just be supportive. And I know that this will not be that shocking as I "came out" to her as a stripper a while back and that was like jaw droppingly shocking but she handled it pretty damn well. She probably already assumes that I have some degree of same sex tendency as I have probably mentioned enjoying go to the strip club or getting lapdances for fun at some point. Hmm, maybe not.

So this is my script:

"Hello [Fluffster's friend]. I wanted to talk to you about something. We have been talking a lot about online dating and about having kids ever since [Fluffster's other friend] had her baby. Well, I wanted you to know that I am queer. I have been coming to the realization that I am more interested in dating women than guys. I am not too sure about how I feel about guys, but I am sure about how I feel about the ladies. (Then we can proceed to talk about how I should let down this guy that I went on a date with a couple of weeks ago who is really into me but I am just straight up not interested in at all and who I told I would go out with again.)"

[On a side note thank goodness I did not get wasted and have sex with the guy I went on the date with. I am so not interested in him at all, I just went on the date because he is the kind of nice guy I "should" be considering, blah, and he is friends with my friend and comes highly recommended. However, I am over trying to date guys I "should" like because they are good on paper, good looking, etc. I am also over having drunken sex to fill some void left by boredom and/or loneliness. Go me!]

2. Jim1454

GO YOU indeed!!!

I think it's great that you're ready to come out to one of your friends. Bringing your two realities together is SO liberating. No longer having to have one reality in your head, and another presented to everyone around you.