1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibility of losing my kidney or failing school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by StarofMiyu, Nov 1, 2011.

1. StarofMiyu

Yes I may lose my kidney or fail school because the medication I have for my kidney infection makes me throwup and have nasuea which causes me to miss school, but if I miss any more school I will be so far behind that I will likely fail most classes in this semester.

ALSO I have a job now that I just started and if I take these pills I will have to give up my job which means I won't be able to move out at the end of the year.

THE **** DO I DO? I'm seriously going to have an anneurysm...

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you should try to get some different medication. I know that I had this problem earlier on this year.

3. Eleanor Rigby

Losing a kidney seems to me a far more serious issue than the possibility to fail school.
    But throwing up several times a day should me very unpleasant too.
    I would suggest you to go back to your doctor as soon as possible (I imagine you're seriously watched by your doctor anyway) and tell them that the medicine you're taking for your kidney gives you unbearable nausea that are causing you to miss school and your job. Maybe they can either switch you to another medicine that you would tolerate better or give you another medicine to help with the side effects.
    I also suggest that you take an appointment with your school counselor as soon as possible and explain them the situation. You school can certainly adjust your timetable and requirement to help you deal with the situation.

I hope you'll get better soon (*hug*). Take care, Cécile

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hun the question is right in front of you to be honest.

1. See if you can change medication, having a medication that's making you sick isn't good even if it may be helping you. I know meds have side effects, but there must be other meds that can be prescribed...

2. You're in high school I take from being 17, so I suggest talking to a guidance counselor or the Principal/VP his/herself about how you can potentially keep up.

3. Get rid of the job. Yes I said, get rid of the job. Honestly hun, as much as I'm sure you want to earn money, health is more important than anything, school is next most important. A job while important, your parents must be able to help you so honestly hun you don't need the added stress of a job, and trust me a job is ten times more stressful than school is. Besides you're in school to get yourself to the next level of education to eventually get yourself a career. You're not in a job to get you somewhere, and a part-time or even full-time JOB is not going to take you anywhere at all except maybe money.