1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haha This Probably Wont Help But It's Worth A Shot

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hollywood, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Hollywood

I need to buy this guy a present for Christmas, and our relationship is kind of complicated:

I really like him. A lot. He's one of my best friends and I'm one of his best friends. We came out as bi to each other a few weeks ago (we've both only told 3 people), but he says he can't see us as being more then friends.

However, I can't force myself not to feel this way about him, obviously, and want to buy him something amazing for Christmas. I'm hoping one day he will see me differently...

Any ideas?

2. InaRut

I'm only helping you because your avatar is so nice to me :grin:
    Hmmm there is this place in our mall where you can buy silvery things...and one of those things is a rose you can get inscribed :grin: so cool.

I dunno a nice card with a meaningful message is a great way to show him how you feel.
    Or like the past thread...take him out to a fancy dinner!

3. Hollywood

He knows how I feel, obiously, and I flirt with him ridiculously. We're hanging out later today actually with our two other best friends (they're both girls and one knows about both of us being bi (shes my BEST friend and i tell her everything) and the other is kind of oblivious)...I'm making everyone dinner :slight_smile:

I dunno. Shopping for guys is so hard as it is, and when you throw in everything that has happened between me and him the last few weeks, it makes it soooo much harder.

4. Hollywood

And I'm glad you like my avatar, by the way :slight_smile: I didn't want to be emo like a lot of the avatars on EC...not that theres anything wrong with those!

5. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Yeah I can see a big problem there for you, obviously not being together a romantic dinner under the stars, or a build-a-bear which says I love you is probs not the most appropriate.

In which case I'd go for something you know he likes, DVD box set or something affordable but that he's always wanted. You can't buy his love, but i'm sure you'll try :wink:

6. InaRut

Everyone likes Degrassi The next Generation :grin:

7. Zak

Zak

Exept me InaRut. LOL.

Get him like a DVD pack or something he likes tht is affordable. like jamieuk said.

8. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Depending on what he is like and what he likes it can be difficult to get things for people, so just asking what you can get for him is gonna be difficult for us too. But with that in mind, if he is someone who likes small "different" but useful things then perhaps this will be something to look at:

Windandweather.com - for about $30 Celtic Aquitaine Sundial Necklace. It is about 1 1/4 inches in diameter and has a brass movable ring in the center and you move it to the month (inscribed on the inside of the ring) and hold the small hole up to the sun and looking at the inside of the dial, will see what time it is. (you will have to factor in daylight savings time, etc. but it works very well)

Nothing is more precious than time, but with this you could let him know that the time spent with him is precious to you, etc. It could be a symbol of how important you think his time with you is. Anyway, these sorts of gifts are what I appreciate most, small, meaningful but also practical.

Just a suggestion for ya. Best wishes and happy holidays.

9. Evilmonkey

get him one of those heart necklace things where you have one half and he has the other, thats soooo gay! hehe

10. Evilmonkey

or how about a nice photo of both of you in a nice frame??? or if thats too.. not-subtle, maybe a bunch of your friends together?

11. CrimsonThunder

I said that lol.

I agree with the buying a DVD thing.