1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating and First Kiss

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by higby442, Nov 2, 2011.

1. higby442

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone, I was looking to get a few ideas from you all if you don't mind. First, it's been a while since I posted anything, so I hope you're all doing great!

Anyway, this isn't a first kiss ever question, but one for someone I have been dating. We have been on two dates so far that have gone fantastic. We have great conversations, and have hugged eachother at the end of each date. I have another date coming up and if things continue to go the same way, I would like to move for a first kiss. We are both a little old fasioned (in a good way) and like to take things a little slow. I was wondering what all your thoughts were re:

1. Is it too early do you think to go for a first kiss on the third date? I didn't think so.

2. I always get clumsy in these situations and I was thinking it would be polite at the end of the night if I asked right before we parted, if I could give a goodnight kiss.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Jeez, as I read this post I feel like a moron....but hey I'm here for some advice so that's that.

Thanks everyone!

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't say so.

I've done that! I'm an awkward person by nature, and after a really great date I ended up kind of stumbling over the words "is it OK if I kiss you goodnight?". It worked, and if someone asked me the same thing, I'd find it adorable. Good luck!

3. Alex15

Surrounded by the Old Repulican Vangard (Texas)
    I have a lot of straight friends who ask before, it seems to work for them :slight_smile: BUT if you can pull off the whole in the moment perfect timing thing go for it. It's not easy but man o man we all know it rocks!

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Third date is fine. :slight_smile: And feel free to ask. You might try the straightforward approach - "Would it be OK if I kissed you?" - or a different approach - "I keep looking at your lips and wondering what it's like to kiss them. Would you mind if I found out?"

Lex

5. CrazyAntFarm

Generally, it's all about timing. As long as you're in a rational state of mind, most people can kinda feel when it's time to go in for that first kiss and when the other party is receptive to it.

Also, as the above posters said, it's nothing wrong with just politely asking.

6. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    The asking politely thing is a really good idea if you're like me. It felt right to kiss the guy, but I didn't because I didn't want to be too forward. Definitely going to work asking in there next time!

7. J Snow

Third date is perfectly fine. Me and my bf kissed on the first night. It just kind of happened.

Also, I think asking for a good night kiss would be really cute. If possible, I prefer to just let it happen. Like my and my bf were lying down outside and we were just kind of looking at each other and just inched in slowly without a word, and it was really really sweet. That doesn't mean its a bad thing to ask for a kiss though.

8. Lychee

1. 3rd date isn't too early, go for it!

2. I would find it incredibly awkward if someone asked me, and it would definitely make them seem less attractive. Sorry. But then, I find people who aren't assertive or who are 'too nice' to be unattractive, and I'm assuming the person you're dating doesn't. But I just thought I'd put forward an opposing view.

9. higby442

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I followed your advice and did a hybrid, based on how things went. I leaned in close and asked if he would mind and it worked out so nice. Thanks for all the responses.

I know, asking sounds kind of corny I guess, but I'm a polite type of assertive person, and so is he so it was all good. Cant wait for the next time!

10. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

awww that's so nice and upstanding of you. i think that's great actually. too many people rush this physical kissing. just because you go on a date with someone doesn't mean a saliva swamp is necessary.

the third date, i say is fine to smooch if you guys both feel it. asking to kiss is ok. nothing wrong with it. however, you really dont have to ask. the person is hugging you and still going out with you so they want to kiss you. here's what i suggest. at the end of the date when you are looking into each other's eyes and face and when you go in for the hug, go for the kiss instead. the biggest thing that most people want from their dating person is CONFIDENCE. if you are second guessing teh inital kiss, go for the hug, but instead of releasing fast after the hug, stay close to their face and look in their eyes, you'll klnow it's time for some smooching after that. lol. good luck.