1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i take the risk?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LauraLove, Nov 2, 2011.

1. LauraLove

LauraLove Guest

I dont know what to do. I want to start dating girls to see if im fully lesbian or just bi but if i do i have the chance of getting kicked out of school because its a christian school. Should i wait till i graduate or just keep dating hidden? My school is very small(15 people in my grade) and if word somehow spreads ill be out in no time:help:. Should i risk it or wait? I really want to start dating but idk..

2. Rinamir Mortem

I would say in your situation the risk could quite easily turn nasty with it being a Christian school. In my opinion I would wait until you have graduated that way you have your qualifications and go on to do whatever you want.

Give it time and I am sure the rewards will be worth it :grin:

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How is the school Christian - like, in what way? Don't feel like you have to reveal more than you're comfortable with, but are you certain that something negative would come from it?

How about family/friends, is this something you can talk to them about? If dating's really not an option, you can explore this in other ways, and talking to friends and family might be one.

4. LauraLove

LauraLove Guest

Ya ive told my close friends and soon to be parents the school watches our lives like on fb and other things and if someone slips the word or sees me dating a girl id be expelled lol the school is a strong anti gay school cuz they think its aginst god and the bible

5. Vesper

In that case, then I think you should wait until you graduate to begin dating in earnest if your school is that virulently anti-gay. It's not worth doing now (dating, I mean) if there is a real risk of you getting expelled.

6. Ianthe

Well, if you are coming out to your parents soon, you might want to discuss it with them. But they are the ones who put you in the school in the first place right? What do you anticipate their reaction to be?