1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi Best Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Roxas101, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alright,

This is more of a 'spinning around my head and driving me insane' kind of thing than anything else at the moment. I figured I'd share it with you all and see if any more sense could be made of it.

Basically, my best friend is Bi. I'm pretty sure she has a crush on me. Problem here is, I'm like... 85% sure I don't like girls in that way. Though that being said, she's almost the one I'd make an exception for. If that makes any sense. But I really don't want to. I like guys. But I don't want to hurt her either.

Umm... :help:

Sorry if this made no sense.

2. Eleanor Rigby

I think you answered your question yourself :
    She is almost the one you'd make an exception for. Which means she isn't the one you'd make an exception for.
    I know that sometimes, love feelings and friendship feelings are almost identical, but it's an almost that makes a lot of difference.
    Now, I understand you don't want to hurt her, but I can assure you you'd hurt her a lot more if you lead her in a love relationship when you are not in love with her.
    Now, how to handle this situation is entirely up to you, but I tend to think things are better said than kept quiet. So maybe, the next time you'll have an appropriate moment to start this discussion you can tell her something like.
    "Look, I'm having that strange vibe that you might be expecting more from me than just friendship. That makes me really uncomfortable because I don't want to make you hurt. I love you with all my heart, but I am not in love with you."
    Maybe she'll told you you're mistaken (either out of pride or because it's true) or maybe that will lead you to have an open discussion about it, but in both cases, I think it's important for her to listen (and for you to clearly say) that you do love her, but not in a romantic way.

I hope it could help a little,
    Take care, Cécile