1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My personalities completely changed.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ty, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Well atleast i think so.

At school i still hang around with all my friends but ive kinda grown... quiet and unattached from them.
    I still like talking to them and stuff but like...i never see them outside of school and since ive moved into year 10, im in the top set for everything and all my friends are in different classes.
    Its quite depressing..

I wanna be me again =/

2. Hollywood

I mean...people grow apart. I think thats one thing that I've learned most this year. This past fall play I was more involved then any of the other 5 shows that I've been in. I have a lot of friends, but I've always had a main group that I've hung out with on a regular basis since middle school and one best friend that I've had since 3rd grade.

Through the show, I kind of grew apart from that group and my best friend and I kind of replaced each other with different people...it's kind of sad but you grow attached to different people as you grow.

Try to open up and make new friends?

3. CrimsonThunder

4. Ty

Ty Guest

-you cry a lot - sometimes
    -you feel worthless - yes
    -Life seems hopeless - yes
    -You don't like doing things you use to enjoy doing - yes
    -You want to be alone most of the time. - yes
    -It's hard to pay attention - yes
    -You feel angry and keep losing your temper - yes
    -You sleep more than usual or have troube sleeping - i have insomnia =/
    -You eat less or you eat more than you usually do - skip breakfast, dont each much inbetween
    -You feel tires all the time - almost fell asleep in maths today
    -You have frequent aches and pains - no
    -You think about dying or killing yourself - urm

Wow thats rather worrying

5. Zak

Zak

=) thts my thread! ooh and YEAH THTS VERY WORRYING!!!

6. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    I'd say that drifting apart is something you do a lot of the time as you get older. Unfortunately you all mature at different stages, you acquire new hobbies and tastes which perhaps aren't the same as your friends and as such you'll up sticks and make new friends, slowly becoming out of touch with the majority.

Unfortunately that's the way life is, all that you can do is make a conscious effort to keep those friends. Sorry that wasn't very helpful.

7. Tom

Tom Guest

Ty this happens to many people, it happened to me and all my friends and in time u will either get back together or drift further apart and make other groups of friends that share interests and are in the same classes, its just how school is im afraid =[ and then life after. but dont worry about it too much, its a little anoying to start with but once u have either sorted out with ur older friends or made new friends then ull feel waybetter agen =]

8. Louise

You sound depressd to me but this is not the first time I have told you that. Can you see your doctor and talk to him. You are old enough to make yourself an appointment and get to see him without your parents knowing if this is a problem for you.

Unless you parents go and see your doctor and insist heavily your doctor won't tell them anything. He might be able to find you a councellor, he probably won't be able to prescribe you medication without your parents knowing but he can certainly listen and give you advice.

Don't forget he is not there to judge you, your morality or your sexuality he is there to help with your physical and mental health. If you tell him that you cry a lot, are distant from your friends, no longer do what you used to do are tired, have little appetite, etc. doctors are not stupid, they know that one of the highest suicide rates is amongst the 15 -25 year olds. Your doctor will be open to helping you find the help you need.

I have been reading your texts over the last few months and I can tell you for one I worry about you. I talk about you to my son (yes you are right, he is who you think he is) oh and by the way, we only say nice things about you :icon_bigg.

Please seek help, sometimes depression can creep up on you without you realising and it is only when people point it out and insist a bit that you get help that you realise how deep you have sunk. :kiss:

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with Jamie and Drazarian here.

Between the ages of about 13 and 16 everyone goes through loads of changes, both physical and emotional. People don't go through these at the same ages or even in the same order, so it is quite possible that you are all at different stages with different outlooks etc, so just don't have as much in common now as you did.

You also have the additional issue of your sexuality to deal with. Because you are not out to most or all of these friends, this is something else you are keeping secret from them which perhaps distances you from them. If they are straight and you are not, then this is an area where you do not really understand them, and they perhaps do not understand why things (such as girls) don't interest you like they do them.

I know sex and sexuality is not everything, but around the age of you and your friends it's an important and major thing because the feelings and emotions etc are all relatively new.

Being moved to a different set and not seeing so much of them also doesn't help. Maybe they resent you being "smarter" than them too?

That lot doesn't give any solutions though. I guess the real solution is "get new friends" though that's MUCH easier said than done. What about trying to get to know people in your classes better? If you get to work in groups try to join in more and interact with others in the group. Can you join them on breaks or whatever?

Are there any clubs or societies at school or locally that interest you, which you could join? Things like computer clubs, Linux user groups, sports teams, music, amateur dramatics, model railways, hospital radio or whatever? Actually ones outside school may be good because you won't lose them when you leave school. Having a common interest can be a good way of making friends.

I also realise that homework and other stuff limits your free time, and transport to/from places in the evenings can also be a problem.

I don't know if that lot has helped much....

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Thanks everyone =] I don't think Im in need of a counseller but thanks Louise =] I still have like 2 lessons a week with my regular friends and lunchtimes (when theyre not on the astro turf) but i think ive made a few good friends in my top set classes, quite a few girls...

Thanks again everyone =] xx

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Excellent!

Many of our friends are people we interact with at the time, whether at school, work, the pub, a hobby club or whatever. As we move on in life, change schools and jobs, move to different areas etc, these friends inevitably change. Like many people I have agreed to keep in touch with people when changing jobs etc, but in practice it rarely happens and when it does it fizzles out over time. I think this is what has happened with you changing sets at school, plus the other stuff I mentioned too.

Some people do have "lifetime friends" or whatever, who are with you no matter what, but these are rare so don't worry if you don't have anyone like that.

12. Ty

Ty Guest

I do have one really good friend and i hope it never fizzles out.
    Shes in my class for english which we have 3 times a week so thats cool.

Im sure ill move on. ^_^