1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by greatfulyslow, Nov 6, 2011.

1. greatfulyslow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been looking about doing some internet dating and I have just been looking online I work weird hours in the emergency field therefore I don't have time to meet people in person. But I saw a profile of a woman who seems to be everything I'm looking for like her profile just sticks out compared to everyone else but to talk or email her you have to pay for the services I guess I'm just debating if I should pay for a months subscription so I can talk to her? I guess what I'm wanting to know is it worth paying for internet dating..
    the online service is match don't know how good it is?
    also I'm not completely out of the closet (so does that mean I shouldn't do interest dating?) but its not because I'm ashamed of myself just I'm a private person and I don't tell people when I'm dating a guy I guess I feel I shouldn't have to say when I'm datin a girl if it was serious then yeah I'm going to say something but I don't feel the need to go around saying I like chicks and guys! I'm just really reserved and shy and like I said private I dont know I just am at that point in life where I wanna finally share it with someone and I'm a little lost in the LGBT community

2. Hidinginalabama

I tryed the internet dating thing once and I really didnt get much out of it. But if you think you could get something out of it I would say go for it.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a bit like asking "Is steak worth the money?" Depends on where you're shopping for the steak. :slight_smile: Some places have a higher caliber and quality person, and you're more likely to get a "real" and genuine person. Other places are more like meat markets. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you're into - nothing wrong with the T-Bone at Denny's, either, unless you're expecting filet mignon. :slight_smile:

Is it worth it? If this is the only person that appeals to you AT ALL on this site, I'd say no. Because there's no real guarantee that she'll respond just because you reach out. This isn't to say you "need to have a backup" or anything, but if she isn't interested, you're stuck with a subscription to a site where nothing is appealing to you at all. So factor that in. As long as you see some "well maybe"s on the site, I'd say go try it.

Lex

4. SFSorrow

I think on match, even if you've got a free account, you can still wink at people, perhaps you could try that and see if she responds? I'm on match, and personally so far I've not had much luck, but I know three friends who have tried it and two of them have met a partner on there that they've been with for over a year now.

The impression I get from match is that it's more for people who are serious about a relationship than some dating sites. Anyway, that's my two cents.