1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by firemaker13, Nov 6, 2011.

1. firemaker13

I been in a funk depression lifestyle for about a month. I don't want to do anything. I just curl up die. Just some input. Can someone just me out. I know read have to say they leave a. Comment. Please. Leave comments things you tried. Things you think I should try. I will try anything.:bang:

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you in a depression about? I think a lot of people get in a state of mind sometime where they feel this way. Maybe if you shared some specifics, you might get better replies. If it's too personal, you can always PM one of the staff members. Depression is no fun from what I've witnessed and heard but hang in there and maybe take my advice.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's been going on for a month now, and it's bothering you (which it sounds like it is), you may want to try a little counselling/therapy. Even a few sessions might help you look at things differently and/or find new ways to deal with some of these feelings. And no, I'm not just passing you off to someone else - I tried counselling for a little while last year and it really helped me.

Interested, also, to hear whether something specific is bumming you out or not. That can make a difference in how you approach it. Hang in there!

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're to this point, the one thing you really need to do is go get help. Go see a therapist, or a counselor, or your doctor.

Until then, there's a few things you can do to temporarily put the demons at bay.

Shake things up. Try new things. Take a new way to work. Eat different foods, or even different cuisines. Watch new TV programs - if you usually watch dramas, watch a comedy or a sporting event, or rent an old movie or a documentary. If you usually listen to rock, try classical or jazz. If you usually read novels, try a non-fiction book. Doing this sort of thing gives your brain new "data" to crunch, and gives it an activity to work on other than wearing over the same piece of ground ("life is worthless").

Get healthier. If you don't work out at all, start. You don't have to join a gym if you can't afford it. Start by walking around the block a few times, jogging at the tail end of it. Look up some exercises you can do at home. Change your diet for the healthier. If you drink soda, switch to diet or water. Switch from chips to crackers, or to fresh vegetables.

Volunteer. Think about some way you might want to make a difference. Helping at an animal shelter, helping people get their GED, helping out at a community center? You don't have to volunteer that often - even once a week is fine. Doing so helps focus your eyes outward, and helps give you a sense of worth.

But I reiterate - it's best to get help for this. That's really the best way to get up and over it.

Lex