1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first lesbian crush at 29 - what the hell do I do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thespacebetween, Nov 6, 2011.

1. thespacebetween

So I always thought I may be bi. I've always been very open to women, I've just never dated one, because, well, it just hasn't happened. I've dated men, but have never been in love with them.

Enter my personal trainer. I have only been working with her 3 short months, and I feel like I could fall in love with her. I've never felt this way about anyone in my life. I think about her all the time, and I have this urge to just be with her. Just sit around in pajamas and be with her, make her feel good, impress her, make her laugh. She's so many things. She comes off as all jacked and hard core, but she's also very soft, and sometimes she fumbles, and shes kind, and funny, and human.

I think we flirt, but I'm not sure. She does brush my fingertips a lot when we use the barbells, and she always tells me how she loves it when I sweat. So last time I was lifting, I was telling her a story about how I was playing wingman for my roommate, and she immediately asked "for boys or girls," and I was all caught off guard, so I just told her my roommate story, and how she liked this guy and yadda yadda. And she said she never understood women who liked men. She loved women. And I said nothing, like a big boob. So she doesn't know I like girls.

Five minutes later, she tells me she has a date on Friday. She said it's weird because she never dates, and I asked why, and she said she just didnt date, shed just see a girl in her bed and be like "I guess we're dating now". A few minutes later, after sets, I was like "so where are oyu going on your date?" And she looked like she had no idea, and was like, "Oh i don't know, to get food I guess, random." ANd then when we were done she kept saying she was cold, and I suggested the sauna, and she was like, "Ew, I can't stand the fact of everyones bare...." and she was reluctant to say the word, and I said "Pachanga," and she laughed.

The thing is, looking at her is like looking at the sun. She is so beautiful. When we're not in sessions, I am so incredibly awkward and retarded in front of her. I dont make eye contact, or I make it fast and then I avoid her. I am SO AWKARD with her and I hate that. I just want to be loose and myself. We have fun when we train, because I feel like it's business or something, but I just don't know.

Do you think she knows I like girls? If I'm this caught up and we haven't even kissed, I don't want to know what dating her could do to me. It's too intense, but I cant stop thinking about her.

Do you think this is common? Does she do it with everyone? Should I do myself a solid and get over it?

Any help would be great, thanks friends.

2. Katelynn

Honestly, it sounds like she's into you & putting there for you to know that she's interested. If you like her & she's into women, I say that you should let her know how you feel. From what you've said, it certainly sounds like she's gay & that she may have already picked up on how you feel about her, hence the flirting & the obvious comments. While you shouldn't do anything you're not comfy with, you should at least tell her how you feel & maybe go from there. As for the nervousness & crushing & anxiety about how you feel towards her, welcome to the wonderful world of attraction & dating. I think how you feel about her is pretty much something all of us have been thru at one point or another, whether we're gay, straight or bi. God knows I've felt that way over a couple of girls & at least one of my ex-girlfriends, so I think that's all just normal jitters. She seems to have sort of made the first move, so how you decide to move forward with her is up to you! I wish you all sorts of good luck! (*hug*)

NB: Her 'date' that she was telling you about seems to me, from the way I read it, to have been an attempt to perhaps get you to be jealous, which is also something Ive had girls do to get me to ask them out. It could be on the up & up, or it could just have been a way too try & get you to ask her out. You never know...

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if she was trying to get you jealous or anything, but I would say that a few things are clear.

1. she likes girls
    2. this date didn't appear to be a really serious thing
    3. she likes you

Given this, I don't see any harm in asking her out. My only qualm is this line.

>>>she said she just didnt date, shed just see a girl in her bed and be like "I guess we're dating now".

Mind you, I don't have any qualms with people who like to sleep around. But the thing is - it seems just from that line that she tends to move pretty fast, and that she's a bit casual about the whole "dating" thing. If you're hoping that a relationship with her will be a very committed, long-lasting, exclusive one...well, I won't say it definitely won't be like that, but it's more likely to be a casual one. Given that, are you still interested? If so, just ask her out. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. addie88

i agree with kiersten-- you should tell her how you feel. she likes girls, you like girls, you like her, and she seems to like you, too. there's a lot of potential here! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

also, being confident and not awkward in front of a person you like is easier said than done. but you can do it. totally. you know what you want, now go for it. and if it doesn't work out, then hey- that's life. you'll never get anywhere if you don't try.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it, girls can do amazing things for you haha

6. Homo Novus

Sounds like you'd definitely benefit from dipping your toes into the same-sex dating pool. :slight_smile: It was the sane with me... I had dated one guy for three years and cared for him very much, but never felt truly in love with him or even really all that attracted to him. It was the same with other men, and I was under the assumption that I was asexual. Then I met this open lesbian who was very attracted to me and flirted with me relentlessly (much like your trainer seems to be doing with you!), and I quickly became infatuated with her and we are now girlfriends of nine months! So I strongly encourage you to go for it, because I think amazing things could come out of it for you. No harm in trying. A new experience is a new experience. :slight_smile:

That being said, I think your first line of attack should be establishing that you're attracted to girls... Give her the green light, y'know? Just say something in passing, or make a joke about it... Whatever you would normally do. For example, think of a REALLY HAWT celebrity crush... And squeeze her into the conversation... (prime choices: Kate Moennig or Jackie Mohr... *droooooool*) and make sure you make it evident that she makes you weak in the knees. Then once she knows you play for her team, you're a shoe-in! Sounds like she's trying to figure out what your "deal" is, so that should definitely give her a boost. Or, if you'd prefer, just ask her out, straight up! :slight_smile: Good luck! Please keep us posted!!

7. thespacebetween

Thanks, you guys are great!

My next session is Wednesday morning so I will let you know how that goes...hopefully by then I will grow the cahunas to say something!

:slight_smile:

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Id say she already seems to love what your doing. Perhaps you could bring up something about her date.

9. thespacebetween

so not to look into it or anything...but i saw her today and was quick and weird (obv, or maybe only in my head) and she texted me today and asked me if i could move my session back...and i said lets see but in like 3 sentences and she said AHAHAH thanks! and then we switched and she seemed short and i need to get over it.

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just to make sure I got it right, you/she didnt actually say anything directly but you think she was a little off with you?
    If this is the case I would say that you are probably reading more into this than there is but it could be true.

If you feel like you want to just forget it then that is cool.

11. thespacebetween

yeah, her texts were just short. and i feel like i was friendly. but i was also short w her at the gym today, adn totally awk.

im so outgoing w boys! not fair!!!

12. addie88

"im so outgoing w boys! not fair!!!"

HA. i think there's a reason for that one. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree with addie88 you are awkward with her because you like her and she does something to you.
    Perhaps she was being short with you, but there are also a million other reasons why she was short in her text, like perhaps she was busy, maybe she was doing something else at the time, maybe she was with someone else, etc.

14. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

well she admitted she likes girls to you. maybe at the next training session you can say something like 'hey do you want to hang out sometime outside of the training session?" it's innocent enough. if she says yes, that would be cool, then hang out and get to know her outside of the work atmosphere. if you feel comfty then you can tell her about your interest in same sex. if she says, "that woudl be great but i have a rule not to hang out with my clients". then you can joke and say "ok, so how about if i wasn't your client anymore...ahhahaha" or you can say, "no prob, totally understand, but if i lose 5 more lbs, you owe me a drink." hahahah.

either way you kept things funny, light, airy, and friendly. good luck.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2011 at 12:56 PM ----------

you are outgoing with boys probably becuase you really dont care if it works or doesn't work out. you are nervous with girls because you actually like them more and you're hoping you don't mess anything up so you analyze and over analyze ever text, situation, and interaction. if it was a dude, you would probably not give it much thought or care or just be more free in whatever you wanted to say.i would encourage you to adopt this same behavior with girls. dont be so tense about every text, call, interaction, wording, etc. just be yourself because that's what peoppel end up liking anyway, the real you.

15. thespacebetween

Okay, okay, okay.

So we had a session today. And it was H to the O to the T.

So I started by jumping rope, and honestly told her I had to stop, because I kept peeing a little, and I didn't know why. And she was like, do you have to pee? And I was like, no, it just happens when I jump rope.

Then we did some weight stuff, and she told me there was a machine that made her orgasm. She said she couldn't explain it, you just lift on it, but it made her orgasm. And we should finish that set, go pee together, and then go try that machine. And i was like - of course I want to try this machine.

So there were two bars on the floor and you have to hold yourself up and balance yourself (sooo hard) and she said she orgasmed after one minute when she did it, and she wanted me to make it to one minute. So I'd hold myself for like 20 seconds, she'd ask if it happens, I'd release. 20 more seconds, etc. And I was like, it's not happening. NOthing is happening for me. And she was like, that's okay. I can help you with that.

And then we left and talked about my diet and ways I can put more protein in and yadda yadda and our next session.

LIke. Woah. To. The. WHAT!

16. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She so likes you....

17. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    I may not be so fond of teh wimins, but I'm jealous now :wink: You have fun now, you hear?

18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you waiting for a monogrammed invitation? :slight_smile:

Lex

19. thespacebetween

ha i know :slight_smile: i mean i think shes flirting, i just don't know. it's very exciting. next time im telling her i like girls. PERIOD. GROWING UP HOORAY

20. thespacebetween

Okay, so I think I'm obsessing.

Never said that before! (ha).

I got the balls to talk to her today not in our session, went over to the desk, and she was playing on her blackberry. I was like Heyyyyyy! and she looked up and looked RADIANTly blinding and was like hey..and we talked about timing for our next session, and beef jerky, and food, and then she was like, "uyou can have whatttevvvver you want" in regards to my session time and I got like embarassed and smiled and shyed away and she was like BYEEE and I was like bye and then walked away.

This woman slays me. WTF. I need to go to a lez bar I think and get some other women in my life, bc she is so intense. Radiant. Hard to look at.