1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so... what's this mean?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MommaFrog, Nov 7, 2011.

1. MommaFrog

So as I've become more accepting of who I am, I am allowing myself to think about things I have pushed back into my mind and basically ignored up to this point...

I have often wondered what it would be like to be a man. Facial hair, testicles, low voice, burliness, the full 9 yards...

I've always been "one of the guys" talked more like a guy, had more of a guys attitude, sense of humor, etc....

But on occasion i love my dresses, heels, make-up...

Usually I dress kind of non-gender-ed... jeans and a generic plain top, flip flops or sneakers... brush my hair outta my face, no make-up, no jewelry...

What does this mean? I've found myself thinking about it more and more lately... I don't know why... and I would love to understand why.

:help::help::help::help::help:

#1 MommaFrog, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. LifeonaHill

I don't have the answers to your questions, but I can tell you that facial hair is over rated.

3. Jim1454

I think there's a difference between wondering what it would be like to be a man (what you're describing) and having a deep seated feeling that you realy are a man and ended up with the wrong physical body.

I alot of transgendered people identify with a feeling of not being in the right body.

Is that what you're feeling? Or is it more of a curiosity?

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing wrong with trying out the masculine side. You might try dressing even heavier on the masculine side - shirts and ties or something. And facial hair is fun...sometimes. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As people have said I think there is a difference between being a tomboy or a butch lesbian and being transgendered. I always dress in jeans and trousers and wear shirts rather than blouses or most of the time, I have long hair but always wear it up, I dont wear make up or heels hardly at all but I do occasionally, but I dont feel like a man. I do sometimes when struggling to find an outfit to wear to a social function wish I was a guy so I could just wear a suit and would only have to worry about buying a new tie.

6. MommaFrog

I dont think i'm M t F... i dont feel like a man, I was just curious if anyone could explain these feelings

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I see, sorry hope I didnt often you.

I think when you first come to terms with being gay or bisexual it makes you question your ideas about males and females, gender roles and stereotypes. I grew up thinking I was straight I used to imagine marrying a man and whilst I hadnt planned every detail I think you sometimes think about things and then well certainly for me when I realised I was gay I kind of had to go back over all these things and almost re imagine them with a woman, so perhaps it is all that.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's said that gays and bisexuals are more apt to be more "adventurous". And that seems to hold true in a variety of ways - we're more apt to explore fetishes and kinks, for instance. Why? Because I think we were forced to push down some artificial barriers earlier on. We said "Well, I followed down the 'I think I'm gay' path, and it ended up being very positive. Why not follow down the 'I think I'd like to get tied up' path, and see where it takes me?" It may be that coming out has simply "liberated" your mind a bit, and you're more willing to think about (or just think about exploring) avenues that perhaps you wouldn't have before.

Lex