1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My crush made me uneasy today..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by don29002, Nov 7, 2011.

1. don29002

So as I've posted here before, I have a crush on my good friend Andrew. We've known each other for a year but we never hung out outside of school.
    I wanna grow closer with him as a friend.. we talk on Facebook every few days. The last two times I can remember I've said hi or whatsup and he never replied...
    Two times before that we had long conversations.

So I figured on Saturday that since he doesn't wanna talk on Facebook maybe I should find his Oovoo and add him--which I found and did.

However, me and Andrew are in the same history class. Today he says in front of the class to me, "How did you find me on Oovoo?" and I just said, lying, "Randomly, I guess.."

So what should I have said instead or what should I do for tomorrow in history?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate to say it, but it sounds like he might be a little put off by this. How did he sound - pleasantly surprised that you'd found him on Oovoo, or genuinely confused and weirded out by it?

Careful not to fall into the "technology doesn't work" trap. His facebook chat works, and if he wanted to talk to you, he wouldn't be waiting around for you to suddenly find him on Oovoo first.

3. CrazyAntFarm

Exactly.

Be careful that your crush doesn't evolve into a type of infatuation. I used to do things like this back when I was younger and deep in the chokeholds of crushes. People can be put off very quickly especially if the feelings aren't mutual, so maybe just slow down a bit and not worry about talking to him so much. Give him a chance to communicate with you on his own.

4. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't become too stalkish. Have you iddentified any common interests yet?

5. don29002

Well we became friends when I used to always tell him and some of my other friends funny humor stories about my life or about me, and they just kept coming back to me for more :grin:

---------- Post added 7th Nov 2011 at 05:38 PM ----------

I only did this for when he wouldn't answer his Facebook chat.
    I haven't talked to him for 4 days now but I don't wanna seem stalkerish which is why I haven't tried talking to him in history, and also because in history him and this guy I hate named Paul are close and they talk in history EVERY day and I hate it because Paul's one of those bad influence types--he does drugs and smokes--and I would treat Andrew much better; with more respect.
    But I can't control Andrew and Paul's friendship.
    However, Paul sits 2 seats diagonally from me. And because of this, I sit in the front row. There's an empty seat behind me, and Paul sits diagonal from that empty seat. Therefore, Andrew sits in between us.
    But he tries to do it just so he can talk to Paul. I kinda feel ignored and unuseful when A ignores me and it gets to me; kinda like having voices in my head saying "You realize you're a fucking stalker, you two faced bisexual obsessed twig! You'll never get anybody the way you treat Andrew!"
    Yet I let them talk every day...
    I'd come to think of Andrew and I as good friends. He did sound slightly confused--not creeped out at all--in his tone when he asked me how did I find him on Oovoo. So I'll quit talking to him for 2 weeks, no big deal to him. He's super popular anyway.. (here comes my kinda depressed attitude) he doesn't car about people like me.. :tears:

6. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    umm when i mean common interest, i meant stuff like sports, outings, coffee, movies etc. You'd probably want to find stuff that both of you can do together. Then ask him out sometime.

you talk to him online alot but not in class, I would suggest balancing that out to have more talk time in person.

Another thing, do you crush on Matt or Andrew?

7. don29002

I just posted a hugely long post here for this thread that got deleted explaining why I think it's super tough to choose between Andrew and Matt.
    Matt has the looks--which I don't mind for dating but it's a plus.
    He makes me laugh, we both open up to each other, we share stories, we're not afraid to have a good time, etc.