1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caught in a love triangle thing...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andane, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Andane

So, er, yeah. About a month or so ago I came out to 2 of my friends who were gay and were dating at the time. Well, since then they had broken up. Now, one of them is pretty much madly in love with me. A few of my friends also told me that the other one also kind of likes me. Now, I kind of like the 2nd one, and he has asked to hang out and do stuff on weekends (but changes his mind at the last minute it seems), but the 1st guy is still really sore about their breakup, and I think he would be crushed if I ever went out with the other guy. So yeah, I'm in a bit of a situation and am having a bit of trouble trying to figure out a way to sort things out without hurting anyone...:icon_sad:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How recent was the breakup, and how long was their relationship?

Depending on the situation, the one who's "madly in love with you" might be more seeking something to fill the void left over from the previous relationship (you mention he'd be "crushed" if you started seeing his ex, so it just made me wonder). In general, dating people immediately after they break up is a bad idea. It works out occasionally, but overall, I try to avoid it.

The best thing you can probably do would be to decide definitively what you want out of the situation (date one of them, date the other, or date neither of them and remain friends), and then don't go back on that decision. The situation is already drama-filled enough without adding to it by deciding, a few weeks into dating one of them, that you're actually in love with the other one. In any case, I'd suggest waiting a healthy period of time before doing anything.