1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spin the Bottle...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mister E, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Mister E

Well, my friend (ex-girlfriend, by the way) arranged for myself, this guy I think is really cute, herself, and this friend of ours (supposedly a bi girl) to all okay a game of spin the bottle after school on Thursday. And that's cool and all, but 1. I've only kissed two girls before, 2. I've only realized I'm probably gay for like only 2 weeks, and I'm nervous I won't like kissing a guy, and 3. I've already told a few people and I don't want them to laugh at me if I suddenly am not gay.

Am I just nervous cuz this will be my first gay thing, or cuz I might not be? I don't know :help:

2. addie88

worst case scenario, you don't like it. but kissing the wrong gender (wrong as in wrong for you personally) isn't this ridiculously disgusting thing that will make you throw up right then and there. especially as a teenager, because teens aren't usually good kissers in the first place so it's kinda hard to tell if you like it anyway. also, if you think the guy's really cute, chances are you'll enjoy kissing him-- and if you don't, it doesn't mean you're not gay, and it definitely doesn't mean you have to make an announcement to your friends about whether you liked it or not.

whenever i kissed a boy, i would be thinking "ok, whatever, this is weird and i don't really like it but i'm gonna pretend i do because i'm not gay. right? .....right?!?"

actually, the first time a guy kissed me, i was speechless afterwards-- and not the "I'M IN LOVE" speechless, more like the "wtf was that" speechless. but i just brushed it off by telling him it was a little too soon. maybe he should have waited a day or two...or a couple of weeks...or years...or....NEVER. XD but still, i didn't choke, or throw up, or die. :grin:

alright, now that i've finished rambling, i think that it will be a fun experience for you. the only thing i worry about, is the guy straight? cause if he is, that could obviously create some awkwardness.

3. Mister E

He claims he is straight emotionally, but he's still attracted to guys. He has said "I'd rather have anal than kiss a guy," so I was pretty surprised he was actually for this happening. I was the last to hear about this event apparently lol. But yes he is bisexual to some extent I guess?

4. Ianthe

Uh, it sounds like he's still in the questioning phase. Which means, he's probably not completely straight, but beyond that there's really no telling.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ya, that's someone who is in the process of figuring themselves out. It's probably a part of the "bargaining" phase, where the person acknowledges at some level that they're gay, but tries to cling to some aspect of their straight identity. And the "emotionally straight" is one of the most common forms of bargaining that I've seen.

So I think it's safe to say that he's definitely not completely straight :slight_smile:

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. The guy is definately queer.
    2. The actual worst case scenario is that you get a boner while kissing him.
    3. But thats not so bad, I'm sure all will be fine.

7. Mister E

Well from what you say, I'm pretty excited now :grin: my hopes are definitely up. I'm still a bit doubtful, but this made me feel a lot less nervous. It's tomorrow after school so I've got two days of suffering anticipation. The only awkward part now is having to kiss one of the girls lol.

8. Uniboth

Kissing is awesome... I'd do it with anyone!!!! I love kissing...the shit part about it is that the girls I kiss always want more. Obviously, I can't give more. Have never kissed a dude, but would love to!!! Good luck bud! I wish I had that opportunity when I was your age.