1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking for advice... for a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rinto, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I'm just really concerned for her so I'm sorry if it's not in the right place to begin with...

It was a shocking news to us when this friend of mine (girl) revealed a huge secret to a selected few other girls including me, the only guy. She said that I am very reliable when it comes to secrets of any kind so she felt comfortable telling us that...she was pregnant.

We all were shocked to hear it, some of us just laughed to not let others hear about our conversation. She told us it happened just last week, at her boyfriend's house. They didn't use any protection and as I confirmed, the guy released inside her within 2 attempts. She hasn't really confirmed it by some test but she knew to herself that her pregnancy is a sure thing to happen.

Me, being the only guy to hear it, kind of felt uncomfortable hearing the news. Setting my orientation aside for a while, all I thought was "Will he support you 'til this ends?" She said her bf's committed to what they have done. But as for my opinion as a guy who still has the hots for girls, you can't expect a guy to commit himself to something new to him, especially if he's still young. I mean, my friend's 16 and I don't know about the guy, maybe he's 19 something as I saw from his photo from my friend's phone. My friend wasn't ready for it yet; it was all sudden to her. As a friend that sticks strongly to her, I'm worried about her situation. I wish I could say something but I'm a guy; I don't have what she has. I can only speak from a man's perspective of such thing.

Later that moment, around this afternoon, we had our roleplaying and it was exactly about family planning (she was my groupmate). I made the script and I didn't expect what I wrote was exactly stating her very condition. The teacher soon commented about our performance regarding our topic. While she was discussing, this friend of mine sat beside me and hid her face on my arm. At that time, I felt even more concerned for her, since I knew a very big secret about her...

I wish I'm not making this too big for her as I'm just concerned in her situation. But, as I've seen with her, she's strong. She didn't shed a tear and could even laugh in such a situation. But deeply inside, I could feel uneasyness and discomfort.

What can I do?

2. Jim1454

I'm not sure you can do anything but support her and continue to be there for her if she wants to talk. It could be that she isn't pregnant. Most women don't know until they've missed their period, and even then need to do the pregnancy test. So I'm not sure that she'd know already with just a gut feeling, but then, I'm a guy and haven't ever been pregnant.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jim's got the right idea, and it's something I'm really really bad at. Sometimes people don't need advice - they need support. This sounds like that sort of time. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Ianthe

Um... no. Pregnancy is not a sure thing to happen. Your friend should get a pregnancy test, if her period is late. If it isn't, she's almost certainly not pregnant.

She and her boyfriend should also start using condoms. But I bet they won't, because it sounds like your friend wants to become pregnant. For the drama of it all.

Maybe you should talk to her about why it's not a good idea to have babies as young as you are. :bang:

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this is on of the those just be there and be a shoulder to cry on kinda situations. Not much else that can be done.

But she should get checked out either at the Doctor's or a home test before jumping into anything