1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A 5 Day Crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mimerio, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Mimerio

Well, first things first, on Thursday of last week, someone from my college confessed that they liked me and would like to go out with me, but due to me barely knowing them, I had no choice but to reject him. I recently checked his facebook and apparentally he has a new girlfriend (he's bisexual just to confirm). So what I need advice for is my question "Was his love for me short lived?" or "Were his feelings for me not genuine?" I'm not upset, I'm just curious at why he got a girlfriend so quickly after I rejected him.

#1 Mimerio, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  2. Drowzee64

Maybe he had feelings for both you and the girl, and was going to let whether you rejected him or not decide who he goes with?

Or there's the cynical way of looking at things: He got a girlfriend to make you jealous.

3. Mimerio

I'm not the jealous type, I wasn't attracted to him in the first place to be honest.

4. Ianthe

It's possible to be interested in more than one person at a time.

It's also possible the girl was pursuing him, and he decided to go ahead and go out with her since you weren't interested in him.

The fact that he's with someone else doesn't necessarily mean his feelings for you have changed, just that he's accepted that you don't want to go out with him.

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    asking someone out isn't love, it's the hope of maybe getting to love. A date is asking to get to know someone better, to see if you two are compatible.

You closed that door so he tried another one.

6. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

if you rejected him, why does it matter.