1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age Difference

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JudgeDredd, Nov 9, 2011.

1. JudgeDredd

So I went on a date with a guy who is 34, I'm 22. We met at my school's GSA. This was my first date with a guy. It felt quite weird but i dont know if it was the fact it was my first date with a guy or if it was the guy.. We went out to dinner and it was fun. After dinner he tried to kiss me but I told him no. I told him before the date that I'm still in the process of coming out and that I've never had a boyfriend. Later he texted me and said he was sorry and now realizes that we need to take it one step at a time. I'm not really sure he does understand. The whole thing felt really weird. I don't if this is just me freaking out and over thinking or if there really is something to be afraid of. I just really don't wanna be pushed in to do something I don't wanna do.

2. likesguys

likesguys Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Did you enjoy his company? You said it was fun. I think there is nothing wrong with going slow. Maybe he just really liked you but he probably should have asked if you would mind if he kissed you. I wouldn't give up on him, just be sure he knows that you are serious that you want to go slow. It's always good to be careful.

3. MamaFugs

It's important to follow your instincts. It's great that you had fun during dinner. I could be misinterpreting what you said, but it sounds like it got a little creepy for you when things turned romantic. I'm sure a big part of that was nerves, being your first time and all. It will be up to you to figure out if it was just nerves or him or a combination, no one can tell you how you feel. Please remember though...you don't have to EVER do anything you are not comfortable with! No means No and if the man you're with doesn't respect that, then he isn't worth your time. Don't force yourself, just take your time getting used to the newness, take things slow and enjoy yourself!

4. JudgeDredd

Yeah I did enjoy his company. I think he knows now that I'm serious about going slow after we talked about it. I just have to wait and see what happens.

Yeah everything was good until he wanted to kiss me and stuff. I'll just have to wait and see how it goes. If he doesn't care/want that I wanna go slow then I'll just have to find someone else who likes me for me and who isn't in a hurry to get in my pants :lol: